Rarest CPUs?

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 442, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Please, guys, not again.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 81 of 442, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
blurks wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:

The Voodoo 6k and Rampage market closed up tightly when Trevormacro started buying cards for his torture lab.

My blood starts to boil everytime I think about this asswipe... 😵

What that means, some nasty guy did buy all rare Voodoo cards for what, only he to have them........

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 82 of 442, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Radical Vision wrote:

What that means, some nasty guy did buy all rare Voodoo cards for what, only he to have them........

My last piece of information is that he bought a couple of 6k's to transform them into water cooled abominations while destroying some in the process.

Reply 83 of 442, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lol what a moron......
Will be nice if someone post here some link to this guy to see what he does...
I remember seeing some Voodoo 6000 with water cooler

is that it ?

Attachments

K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 84 of 442, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

C'mon guys, thread name is Rarest CPUs...

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 85 of 442, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I agree, the conversation is going in a different direction . That 3dfx Voodoo 6K thing was discussed in another thread. If you really want to get into rare graphic cards, it is probably best to start a new thread.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 87 of 442, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No matter one retard that brakes really rare Voodoo cards, the idiots that melt all PC hardware bcuz of the gold, they did destroy way more precious working hardware then one ape with couple of Voodoo 6000....

K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 88 of 442, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gdjacobs wrote:

I'm just glad he was never a fan of NexGen or Cyrix CPUs.

Though... an early Cyrix 6x86 might benefit from a water cooler!

Reply 89 of 442, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Radical Vision wrote:

No matter one retard that brakes really rare Voodoo cards, the idiots that melt all PC hardware bcuz of the gold, they did destroy way more precious working hardware then one ape with couple of Voodoo 6000....

Dude, these components have no real world value any more, their destiny was always the recycle bin, as it will for all other components. Sets are a completely different story on the other hand.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 90 of 442, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:

I'm just glad he was never a fan of NexGen or Cyrix CPUs.

Though... an early Cyrix 6x86 might benefit from a water cooler!

Nah, they all need to be playdoughed for LN2 or TEC cooling.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 91 of 442, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stojke wrote:

Dude, these components have no real world value any more, their destiny was always the recycle bin, as it will for all other components. Sets are a completely different story on the other hand.

Total nonsense, good components in the trash why ?!?!? I understand not working, broken, or just bad brands like asrock, ECS, akorp and similar ones to be in the trash, but 3Dfx cards, high end processors, motherboards videocards and others to be in the trash really.............
How about they have no respect for the computer history they use computers that did came here bcuz of the history not like that, as the apes will melt all the hardware they can to get the gold, and in years what will left for a museums, for the next generation of people to see that hardware......

K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 92 of 442, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Radical Vision wrote:

...will melt all the hardware they can to get the gold, and in years what will left for a museums, for the next generation of people to see that hardware......

This can only increase the value of existing collections. As such, I've started buying a few more Cyrix/IBM 6x86 chips in anticipation of near future rarity.

Reply 94 of 442, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:
Radical Vision wrote:

...will melt all the hardware they can to get the gold, and in years what will left for a museums, for the next generation of people to see that hardware......

This can only increase the value of existing collections. As such, I've started buying a few more Cyrix/IBM 6x86 chips in anticipation of near future rarity.

I buy all i can get, mostly high end stuff..
Guess one day (after too many days) like 100 years from now all the old hardware will be so expensive, too bad no one of us the collectors will be able to sell the collection for money, with that money you will be able to live like 100 years without having to work...
Other idea is museum, but it will cost much to open one, that is my idea, if i get like x2 and x3 on the hardware i have now i will have a museum, and i can open it and i can get money from that, as people will be interested to see old computers, whole generations of processors, video cards, motherboards and other...

K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 95 of 442, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Radical Vision wrote:
I buy all i can get, mostly high end stuff.. Guess one day (after too many days) like 100 years from now all the old hardware wi […]
Show full quote
feipoa wrote:
Radical Vision wrote:

I buy all i can get, mostly high end stuff..
Guess one day (after too many days) like 100 years from now all the old hardware will be so expensive, too bad no one of us the collectors will be able to sell the collection for money, with that money you will be able to live like 100 years without having to work...
Other idea is museum, but it will cost much to open one, that is my idea, if i get like x2 and x3 on the hardware i have now i will have a museum, and i can open it and i can get money from that, as people will be interested to see old computers, whole generations of processors, video cards, motherboards and other...

Our stuff will be pretty much worthless in 100 years. It only holds value when collectors are in demand of such stuff. Collectors are usually the type of guys that lived in the period and want to experience their childhood and youth again due to nostalgia. I strongly believe that people in 100 years have no sentimental attachment and any demand for our -then- ancient stuff. Sure it has some unspecific value in terms of rarity. But honestly, there are so many examples of rare ancient stuff being pretty much worthless. Thinking of old coins from the middle ages, beer mugs from the 19th century. You can buy that stuff literally for a few pennies/dollars on eBay. I don't expect our stuff being highly valuable after our generation has passed away.

Reply 96 of 442, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Radical Vision wrote:

Total nonsense, good components in the trash why ?!?!? I understand not working, broken, or just bad brands like asrock, ECS, akorp and similar ones to be in the trash, but 3Dfx cards, high end processors, motherboards videocards and others to be in the trash really.............
How about they have no respect for the computer history they use computers that did came here bcuz of the history not like that, as the apes will melt all the hardware they can to get the gold, and in years what will left for a museums, for the next generation of people to see that hardware......

While I understand your point and think silimar, that's simply far from reality. The stuff we collect it hardly from historical importance, nor something to show in a museum. There were milestones in computer history like the i4004, the Apple LISA and the Apple II, but as hard as it sounds, a Voodoo5 6000 e.g. isn't even close to that. It had no impact, since it wasn't even released to the market. It's a side-note in 3dfx' history, but that's it.

Reply 97 of 442, by voodoo5_6k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
derSammler wrote:

[...]There were milestones in computer history like the i4004, the Apple LISA and the Apple II[...]

Well, the Apple Lisa may be important for an Apple collector, but why would it be a milestone in general history? Because of the GUI and mouse? That's all a copy of the Xerox Alto, developed in 1973 already, an entire decade before the Apple Lisa... Xerox were the very first to showcase technology like that. And the Xerox Star (Xerox 8010) was commercially available two years before the Apple Lisa was, and it had many key features of the Xerox Alto, including GUI and mouse. Apple and others just followed the lead of innovators like Xerox. So, in my opinion, if we are talking milestones, than we should highlight the importance of the Xerox Alto.

But anyhow, I think that's enough OT already. Sorry for that.

END OF LINE.

Reply 98 of 442, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Blurks: I was thinking along similar lines. The value will likely peak sometime between now and 25 years, then as we die, so will the resale value. So when you die and have left your prized collection to your kids, the collection will likely be scrapped for its gold content. Assuming gold follows inflation in this example, I think your Cyrix 5x86-133/4x may eventually be worth $5. Best to unload them now while they have value.

Reply 99 of 442, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@voodoo5_6k: Yes, GUI and mouse. While it was a copy from Xerox, Apple made it available to the masses. Just like with the 1st Mac, the iPhone, etc. I don't support that, as I think Apple didn't do anything than stealing ideas, but that's how history goes.