VOGONS

First post, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Can anyone shed some light on this sound card? Got it really cheap and fixed it, as it had burned traces from an apparently wrongly connected wavetable in the past. Now it's again fully working. DSP24 is an OPL3 in disguise and the 8329A chip also seems to be fully SB16 compatible.

But what card is it exactly? There's no FCC ID or any other part number. "AD CHIPS" seems to the the old name of C-Media, so that is only the name of the chip manufacturer.

Reply 2 of 4, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Zoltrix Audio Plus 6400 PnP V2 seems to fit. I'm a bit confused that I can not find a datasheet of the 8329A. Found at least all drivers for the card.

Reply 3 of 4, by bosito7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. Sorry for writing in an old post.
I got a card with the same chip.
I am not able to find the DOS or Windows drivers.
Could you please share the ones you used?
Many thanks in advance

Reply 4 of 4, by bosito7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bosito7 wrote on 2024-05-20, 07:10:
Hello. Sorry for writing in an old post. I got a card with the same chip. I am not able to find the DOS or Windows drivers. Co […]
Show full quote

Hello. Sorry for writing in an old post.
I got a card with the same chip.
I am not able to find the DOS or Windows drivers.
Could you please share the ones you used?
Many thanks in advance

Well, I have found the Drivers. I am attaching them if someone needs them I can save some troubleshooting.
I confirm they work well on Win 95/98. Win95 will through some errors but will work.

In both win95 and 98, I did install using the system update driver option and not the drivers installer perse.

I did not test the Original DOS Driver since UNISOUND v0.81b worked after some troubleshooting. Long history short don't use SET with the recommended config for UNISOUND, just run UNISOUND.COM in your AUTOEXE.BAT. You can check my original post with the issues I had here Re: UNISOUND - Universal ISA PnP Sound Card Driver for DOS v0.81b

BTW, according to my research, it seems CMI8329a and CMI8330 are very close and 8330 drivers might work in Windows. This remains to be tested. If I do the tests I will come back with the results.