VOGONS

First post, by tegrady

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I have an Amptron Socket7 PM-9100LMR motherboard. However, I do not have the manual and I cannot seem to find one online.

I am trying to hook up the power button, reset switch, hard drive led, etc. However, the motherboard does not mark these connections like a modern motherboard.

I assume that the connectors are the group in the bottom right corner of the board, but I am not sure.

Does anyone have this manual or can you tell me what goes where? Thanks.

Attachments

• mb4a.jpg
    Filename
    mb4a.jpg
    File size
    338.49 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • mb6a.jpg
    Filename
    mb6a.jpg
    File size
    1.28 MiB
    Views
    File license
  • mb5a.jpg
    Filename
    mb5a.jpg
    File size
    1.55 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1 of 3, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Amptron are rebranded PcChips motherboards. The layout of your motherboard looks identical -at least for the part you're showing us- to PcChips M571LMR.
It also has a 22-pin jumper array labeled J8, with pin 9 missing.

Untitled.png
Filename
Untitled.png
File size
853.39 KiB
Views
File license

Manual extract for (J8):

Untitled2.png
Filename
Untitled2.png
File size
54.25 KiB
Views
File license

Needless to say that you're doing it on your own and please don't blame me in case of fireworks. I would definitely try this legend and I'm personally convinced it's correct, but I had to say this 😉

Reply 2 of 3, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Note that you only need / can use the power switch on the front panel if you are using an ATX power supply - i.e. a PSU with soft power on. AT power supplies (that connect to the M8/M9 connector next to the ATX 20p connector) don't have soft power on, just a hard physical switch on the external (mains voltage) side wired to the PSU, not to the motherboard.