VOGONS

First post, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have an AT case that comes with a three digit 7 part LED display for speed. I want to set it to the current Processor speed of 133, but when I removed the front panel and checked the control card, I found this:

LED Control.jpg
Filename
LED Control.jpg
File size
433.61 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The two top pins were actually connected to 12V from a molex source, I removed it in order to remove the front panel. There are absolutely no jumpers to set what it displays, and currently it displays "0", as in nothing in the first two digits, last digit shows 0.

Anybody have any idea on how to set this thing up?

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 2 of 3, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote:

Probably by setting jumpers on the 2x6 pins?

They are not jumper pins as far as I can tell but rather solder points for the led sceen behind the card.

Also, this design seems to have popped on Vogons before as well: MHz display pins

The only other resource I could find was another forum post discussing the use of the same panel on an arduino: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=12156.0 which seems to confirm that it's not programmed with jumpers in a traditional way, but rather displays numbers stored on the IC depending on whether Turbo header is short or open..

I vaguely remember some leds being programmed by pressing down some case button or another? Ie enable turbo, hold some button and get the number you eant; disable turbo repeat? Anyone know such a method?

Reply 3 of 3, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Deep diving on archive.org revealed the answer:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080220034804/ht … c/led/0669.html

Hi In the + - pins you have to conect the power(+5V and GND) The yellow led is computerīs turbo led The display shows you the […]
Show full quote

Hi
In the + - pins you have to conect the power(+5V and GND)
The yellow led is computerīs turbo led
The display shows you the frecuency of your computer. If you press the reset button for 4 or 5 seconds, the number on the display increase, thats the way to "program" it.
It can memorize 2 numbers, one with turbo switch pressed (yellow led on), and another one with turbo switch unpressed (yellow led off).

Leaving this here in case anyone needs it later on.