VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by slx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way to bring the Eternam floppy and CD versions together? There are no subtitles in the CD versions at all. So, it would be cool if the floppy version could use the CD version speech and other CD extras if there are any.

Reply 5 of 8, by slx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

About this problem I found this conversation on steam:

x asked this:
I can't play with subtitles. They don't appear. Someone has a solution ?

y gave this answer:
I have the same problem.
On the store says interface, voices and subtitles in English, also three screenshots show subtitles enabled but I can't figure how to enable them.

I've the original floppy version and it allows to change some settings like keyboard, sound card, video card and language (for subtitles only, it has no voice) before starting the game.

On the other hand I have also Shadow of the Comet (the game engine is very similar) on both floppy and CD-ROM and the CD version allows to choose between voice only, subtitles only and voice with subtitles, all settings including subtitles language (voice is available in English only) can be changed while playing.

Both games use the same names for the subtitle files:
D.CC4 for German
E.CC4 for English
I.CC4 for Italian
S.CC4 for Spanish
T.CC4 for French

I looked in the game folder and it contains E.CC4 and S.CC4 so in theory it must have subtitles in English and Spanish...

Reply 7 of 8, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

configure dosbox this way:
[sdl]
autolock=false
priority=higher,pause

start two dosboxes next to each other.
you start floppy ver in one and cd ver in the other
play floppy till text box appears
than click mouse to the cd ver and play till the voice passes
click back to dosbox 1, next text box appear you click dosbox 2 and listen there 😀

you have to save game in both versions of course (before every conversation so you can listen to all alternative conversations).

Reply 8 of 8, by slx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
robertmo wrote on 2023-03-23, 16:50:
configure dosbox this way: [sdl] autolock=false priority=higher,pause […]
Show full quote

configure dosbox this way:
[sdl]
autolock=false
priority=higher,pause

start two dosboxes next to each other.
you start floppy ver in one and cd ver in the other
play floppy till text box appears
than click mouse to the cd ver and play till the voice passes
click back to dosbox 1, next text box appear you click dosbox 2 and listen there 😀

you have to save game in both versions of course (before every conversation so you can listen to all alternative conversations).

😮
No, but thanks....