Common searches

MBTI

Topic actions

First post, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After discovering this by accident for myself recently I am wondering how some here come up as on this personality test as it could shine some light on some of us here 🤣.

There is some free tests online for those who didn't know anything like myself.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 8, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Personality tests change with time, so I'm not sure if that's useful. My personality changed from 20 years ago (young and in my first employment) to 7 years ago (another employment, recently married) to 4 years ago (my first son was born). I'm the same person, but some corners have softened and others sharpened... and entire parts from my soul blew away. I don't feel the same person.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 3 of 8, by DosDaddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Guess what, I had misjudged the title of this thread for some kind of obscure PC hardware showing up in eBay!

Anyways, the test has thrown Advocate (INFJ, -A/-T) at me. What to make of this I don't know, and quite frankly it's one of those things that just don't seem to be very useful for anything, even if it were very accurate (which is not; they conveniently omit the sins this personality type is supposed to be more prone to commit). As an employer I'd be a whole lot more interested in hiring a person based on their competence and moral standards, which this test can neither dismiss nor establish, and to top it off, Marxist Lucifer Kinte, Nelson Mandingo and so called mother Teresa show up first in their list of famous advocates...so might as well call me a piece of trash and get it over with 🤣

Reply 4 of 8, by titsmcgee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosDaddy wrote:

Guess what, I had misjudged the title of this thread for some kind of obscure PC hardware showing up in eBay!

I was going to say the same.
I did a test for it. said something about me being the fixer type and said I was like Harrison ford. I'd put this in the trash pile too.
Might be useful for the extreme left and fascist Nazis type. I know they like to label types of people and separate them.

Reply 5 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm a logician, INTP-T. Perhaps that's the reason my employees often call me eccentric.

nYu1b29.jpg

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 7 of 8, by DosDaddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
titsmcgee wrote:
I was going to say the same. I did a test for it. said something about me being the fixer type and said I was like Harrison for […]
Show full quote
DosDaddy wrote:

I was going to say the same.
I did a test for it. said something about me being the fixer type and said I was like Harrison ford. I'd put this in the trash pile too.
Might be useful for the extreme left and fascist Nazis type. I know they like to label types of people and separate them.

Harrison Ford? that's one sorry a** creep to have in your ranks 🤣

Unfortunately the test doesn't really reveal a thing about anybody. It's just simple, open questions addressing a number of scenarios and people getting classified according to the way they'd presumably respond in said situations. There's no deeper analysis or accounting for absolutely anything else as far as I can read.

If you want to know more about yourselves, read the Bible; it sure leaves no stone unturned: "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

Anyways, we ought to be careful about these tests. Not that they are "dangerous" by themselves but many people have the tendency to resort to them as a way of pumping up their pride, looking to be aided in thinking too highly of themselves as if they were unique or above average, which probably isn't the case for most of us.

Reply 8 of 8, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosDaddy wrote:

Anyways, we ought to be careful about these tests. Not that they are "dangerous" by themselves but many people have the tendency to resort to them as a way of pumping up their pride, looking to be aided in thinking too highly of themselves as if they were unique or above average, which probably isn't the case for most of us.

We should be careful about uncritical thought for sure.