VOGONS

Need CD to install?

Topic actions

First post, by Snitza

User metadata

So I used bitturrent to download a .rar of Tie Fighter; I unzipped the package, and set DOSBox to mount the directory in which the Tie Fighter files are. Upon trying to run ANY of the files within Tie Fighter, I get a message that says "Unable to change to ___"

there are installation icons that i can click on in windows, but it takes me to a DOS screen for installation outside of DOSBox and the video does not work.

What to do?

Reply 1 of 8, by Snitza

User metadata

This is related to the the other topic about TIE fighter. I can run the setup program in DOSBox, but the setup program says that it requires that I have the CD in the cd-rom drive. How do I install without a CD?

Reply 2 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you mount the directory which holds the files using the
-t cdrom flag.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 8, by Snitza

User metadata

I don't understand this, sorry I'm a real noob here. Could you explain in more detail?

Reply 4 of 8, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Go to DOSBOX Guides forum and read a bit. There is a newbie guide there.

Mirek

Reply 5 of 8, by Snitza

User metadata

Ok, I read about mounting from a CD, but that doesnt help me. I don't have the CD, this is my whole problem, and the setup process for the game says that it requires the CD. There are a number of files in the "support" directory of my game, like "tieCD" and some .bat files but what do I do with them? The DOSBox guides are not this in-depth

Reply 6 of 8, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Buy the darn game.

Reply 7 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Buy the game?

You're not likely to get much help with problems specifically related to the fact that you're using a pirated version.

Reply 8 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

* Merged duplicate topics *