VOGONS

VOGONS Wiki reference

Topic actions

Reply 160 of 174, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Woah, before I even PMed you, thanks!!!!!

Btw, I'm organizing the page with the list of Socket 370 motherboards with Tetrium, initially focusing on Tualatin and DDR boards. I ended up making a quick VC++ program to help me convert my spreadsheet into a color coded table. A shell script would've done the job but I'm more comfortable with c++, so it was just faster to do it this way.

Reply 161 of 174, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, I think I'm done poiishing the page and the C++ app, so here you guys go:

List of Socket 370 motherboards

For everyone wanting to contribute, instead of editing the page you can also edit the spreadsheet on my OneDrive here. Either way is fine, I'll keep them in sync for the forseeable future. While the focus now are Tually and DDR boards, every motherboard is welcome.

Reply 163 of 174, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
alexanrs wrote:

For everyone wanting to contribute, instead of editing the page you can also edit the spreadsheet on my OneDrive here. Either way is fine, I'll keep them in sync for the forseeable future. While the focus now are Tually and DDR boards, every motherboard is welcome.

I see the ASUS CUC2 I added to the s370 motherboard page has been added to your spreadsheet, did you add it to the spreadsheet by hand or is it done automatic?

Just to note, I've been busy yesterday to create a similar page for (Super) Socket 7 and I'm basically taking the table from the wiki s370 page and modifying the relevant data (replacing Tualatin support with K6-X+ compatibility and replaced the VIA C3 column with 100MHz FSB support). I'm not sure if for (Super) Socket 7 boards the ISA column is actually necessary, as I only seen one single Super Socket 7 board that doesn't have one.
Preferably I'd like to include a table with minimum official and/or undocumented minimum CPU voltage as this is usually the most important feature which determines if chips with 2.2v (like some of the K6 and MII and all K6-X's) will work in any specific board or not.
A column with AGP slot should also be added I think, as I've also seen ss7 boards with chipsets that do support AGP, but have an onboard GPU-chip along with memory chip soldered onto the board and forgoing the AGP slot itself (basically the AGP card is soldered onto the board and cannot be replaced with a dedicated AGP card).

Much of the data is still incomplete (like how many PCI slot and ISA slots these boards have but only a few I haven't figured out if they come in AT or ATX formfactor).

I already have a list ready to be added to the wiki as a list (first version will be orphaned, like I did with the s370 board page), like I did with the first s370 list before Alex converted it to the excellent table, but am considering to use the table present on the wiki to mod it into one for (Super) Socket 7.

I think it would make perfect sense to me to have the Jan Steunebrink modeed BIOS page included as an external link btw 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 164 of 174, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Tetrium sounds good. I have a few boards I can add once up.

Also of note I've just enabled uploading ZIP files, so if you want to upload non images/audio that is now possible.

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 165 of 174, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:

I see the ASUS CUC2 I added to the s370 motherboard page has been added to your spreadsheet, did you add it to the spreadsheet by hand or is it done automatic?

By hand. If I knew how, I'd make it automatic xD

Just to note, I've been busy yesterday to create a similar page for (Super) Socket 7 and I'm basically taking the table from the wiki s370 page and modifying the relevant data (replacing Tualatin support with K6-X+ compatibility and replaced the VIA C3 column with 100MHz FSB support). I'm not sure if for (Super) Socket 7 boards the ISA column is actually necessary, as I only seen one single Super Socket 7 board that doesn't have one.
(...)

If you know how to code in Visual Studio (the free version is fine - it's what I use) you can just modify this quick piece of software I made. I just select the entire table in the spreadsheet (headers included), copy it to the clipboard then press the button on the app. It will process the clipboard and make the table. I hardcoded the references and the columns that are color coded, but it should'nt be hard to modify that.

Filename
WikiTblCreator.rar
File size
4.21 MiB
Downloads
295 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
mwdmeyer wrote:

Looks sweet nice work.

Thanks! 😀

Reply 166 of 174, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
alexanrs wrote:
By hand. If I knew how, I'd make it automatic xD […]
Show full quote
Tetrium wrote:

By hand. If I knew how, I'd make it automatic xD

(...)

If you know how to code in Visual Studio (the free version is fine - it's what I use) you can just modify this quick piece of software I made. I just select the entire table in the spreadsheet (headers included), copy it to the clipboard then press the button on the app. It will process the clipboard and make the table. I hardcoded the references and the columns that are color coded, but it should'nt be hard to modify that.

WikiTblCreator.rar
mwdmeyer wrote:

Looks sweet nice work.

Thanks! 😀

I was never really good at programming, but I do know my way around modifying existing code. I was wondering how you did the colors.
I'll take a look, thanks 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 167 of 174, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've finally had time to work a bit on the "Interesting Socket 7 board list" and uploaded a first version to the wiki, but due to circumstances I had very little time to do a lot of work on the list.
It's uploaded here http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Socket_7_ … therboard_Lists
My intent for this list is to provide a quick reference to all the more modern Socket 7 boards which include the following features:
-All Socket 7 boards that were made in ATX format
-All Socket 7 boards that include an AGP slot
-All Socket 7 boards which include official 100MHz FSB support

My intent is for this list to provide only boards which include any of the 3 features I mentioned above, mostly because the number of boards made in AT format is enormous.

I know that many interesting Socket 7 boards were made which are interesting in some way (like AT Socket 7 boards with the 430HX chipset, just to name a thing), but exclude any of the 3 mentioned features I listed here and I think these boards should be in a separated list as adding all of these boards into a single list will make the list very long and very hard to read.

I also taking into consideration something PCBONEZ mentioned earlier in another tread when he commented about the s370 list getting less practical to use when all s370 boards get listed there (and personally I think the point he made is an obvious one) and when the time comes that the s370 list becomes very long, I'll duplicate the total s370 motherboard list and modify the duplicate's list to include a narrower selection of boards (for instance, a separated list for s370 boards that include ISA and native Tualatin support (boards that will work with Tualatin using an adapter might get included later, as long as those boards also include an ISA slot)).

All this doesn't have to be done overnight, but I think progress is slowly being made 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 168 of 174, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi All,

I'm just about to do some upgrades to Vogons Wiki so it will be down for a small period of time. I'll update once complete.

Thanks!

Reply 169 of 174, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Upgrade complete. Migrated to new Debian 9 server and enabled HTTPs.

I planned to upgrade Mediawiki but didn't get a chance. On my list to do later.

Reply 170 of 174, by BarFly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

i guess i found something wrong - the K6XV3+ is an ATX board not an AT Board. As far as i know the same is the K6XV3+/66

http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Socket_7_ … therboard_Lists

Ciao BarFly

Reply 171 of 174, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BarFly wrote on 2021-12-10, 15:55:
Hello, […]
Show full quote

Hello,

i guess i found something wrong - the K6XV3+ is an ATX board not an AT Board. As far as i know the same is the K6XV3+/66

http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Socket_7_ … therboard_Lists

Ciao BarFly

Hehe, pity no one corrects those. I just noticed the very same error.
Also, the MSI MS-5184 is VIA MVP3 chipset, not ALI...
I'll admit, not quite irritated enough to request a login there. But close 😉

I like jumpers.

Reply 173 of 174, by Alistar1776

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote on 2015-12-27, 10:01:
I see the ASUS CUC2 I added to the s370 motherboard page has been added to your spreadsheet, did you add it to the spreadsheet b […]
Show full quote
alexanrs wrote:

Preferably I'd like to include a table with minimum official and/or undocumented minimum CPU voltage as this is usually the most important feature which determines if chips with 2.2v (like some of the K6 and MII and all K6-X's) will work in any specific board or not.
A column with AGP slot should also be added I think, as I've also seen ss7 boards with chipsets that do support AGP, but have an onboard GPU-chip along with memory chip soldered onto the board and forgoing the AGP slot itself (basically the AGP card is soldered onto the board and cannot be replaced with a dedicated AGP card).

Much of the data is still incomplete (like how many PCI slot and ISA slots these boards have but only a few I haven't figured out if they come in AT or ATX formfactor).

I already have a list ready to be added to the wiki as a list (first version will be orphaned, like I did with the s370 board page), like I did with the first s370 list before Alex converted it to the excellent table, but am considering to use the table present on the wiki to mod it into one for (Super) Socket 7.

I think it would make perfect sense to me to have the Jan Steunebrink modeed BIOS page included as an external link btw 😀

Ive got an S370 board that I didnt see on the wiki, is there a way for me to add it, or do i dm someone?

Reply 174 of 174, by jp3149

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I need help? I have a windows 98se machine that is running a soundblaster ct4380 sound card working well. Trying to upgrade a little to a ct4390 gold. System does not recognize card and diagnose program say no I/O found.