VOGONS

Common searches

NEW FALLOUT GAME!!!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 41, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought FO4 on launch day and still only have around 10 hours in it. Not sure why but it just didn't grab me. I'd like to give it another shot but eh. I think I just got burned out on the formula. I really enjoyed FO3 and New Vegas when they were new. It really was a fun re-imagining of the series.

I'm not too upset about the online play since it says you can still play single player, so that kind of sounds like they are learning from Borderlands to me. We'll see I guess.

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 21 of 41, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BeginnerGuy wrote:

Not sure why but it just didn't grab me.

Same here, and it's not for want of trying. I've come to think of it as an open world shooter and just dive in for 30 min shoot-em-up sessions every now and then.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 23 of 41, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I finished it just because I wasted my hard earned money on it. I have heard the DLCs were somewhat better but after the bad taste left in my mouth, I ignored DLCs.

Just as many people here, I consider FO3 and New Vegas good games. In fact, I am thinking of replaying FO3.

FO4 is too streamlined, dumbed down, soulless game, aimed at casual players, not real RPG enthusiasts.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 24 of 41, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd hold out for a fo3 remaster.

I won't argue that fo4 was weak on the rpg elements.

I'm interested in fo76 for the nuke part. why? It is EXACTLY what people would do in that situation. I liked to do base-building to an extent. I never went as far as some i've seen, but it was soothing to play.

As for multiplayer. I'm happy to see them experiment with it. Go over to the /fallout or /fo76 subreddits and the majority of people are pissing and moaning about having to interact with other people. hell, if it doesn't pan out, it will just get forgotten in time like tactics. It makes me happy to see Bethesda branching out and trying new things. It should be encouraged imho.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 25 of 41, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If I thought they were trying new things because they were experimenting for gameplays sake I would be fine with it. At a bare minimum this is a cheaper game to develope than a full Fallout game. They are expecting their players to make up the primary motivation for playing. The survival model is one that you can easily add more content to and trickle out over time charging more for pieces of it. I see this as a lazy and predatory cash grab, I don't believe for one second this game is being done because they are experimenting with new gameplay ideas. It seems to me this is the same gameplay minus a lot of the story work, and a way to release an unfinished product.

I'm sure there will be a story line which takes up maybe 5% of your playtime, and a lot of randomly generated side quests, but anyone wanting a single player fallout experience will not get what they are expecting.

Please forgive me if I seem harsh, I just really dont like a lot of the trends I see in video gaming when it comes to exploitation of players and I really don't want to see the hobby i've spent 35 years become something I no longer care to participate in. Should this turn out not to be what I say that's great, please enjoy it, just be careful what you support.

Last edited by Shagittarius on 2018-06-13, 05:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 27 of 41, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wait, I am confused. Will Fallout 76 be solely a multyplayer game? Or is there any chance you can play single player (and not meet any other players)?

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 28 of 41, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No single player but supposedly you can solo it, unknown if it would be worth it to do so.
Unknown if you can setup your own dedicated server or not.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 29 of 41, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Todd Howard is quoted at E3 as saying that there is a single player mode available for those that want
it, so I don’t see any reason they would lie about that.

My guess is the game will work best if you have a small group of trusted friends you can play with.
Single player may be a bit bland depending on how good the bot/npc ai is. But I’m glad they are
giving us the option. I hope they put in some role playing elements but I’m not sure how that
would work.

Reply 32 of 41, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shagittarius wrote:

There is no single player mode. He only claimed that you can play the game without grouping essentially.

Hmmm that's a bit different then. I'm cautiously looking forward to it, maybe I will let my buddy buy it first before putting my my money down.

With respect to Fallout 4, I've moderated my opinion on it somewhat. I wasn't pleased by the lack of RPG elements in it, that seemed like a big step backward.
If you approach it as an "open-world, I'm going to make my own fun and/or just explore" type of game it is not bad, but if you're expecting it to be like Fallout 1&2 or New Vegas or even 3 for that matter, you will be disappointed. I don't mind them doing something different with Fallout 76 if they return to the RPG roots of the game with the next single-player installment. It would be interesting to see Fallout: Chicago or Fallout: NYC. However if Fallout 76 is the future of the franchise, I'm not sure what to think about that.

Reply 34 of 41, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And scalpers bought all the "Power Edition" preorders, it seems. Wow.

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 35 of 41, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
snorg wrote:
Hmmm that's a bit different then. I'm cautiously looking forward to it, maybe I will let my buddy buy it first before putting […]
Show full quote
Shagittarius wrote:

There is no single player mode. He only claimed that you can play the game without grouping essentially.

Hmmm that's a bit different then. I'm cautiously looking forward to it, maybe I will let my buddy buy it first before putting my my money down.

With respect to Fallout 4, I've moderated my opinion on it somewhat. I wasn't pleased by the lack of RPG elements in it, that seemed like a big step backward.
If you approach it as an "open-world, I'm going to make my own fun and/or just explore" type of game it is not bad, but if you're expecting it to be like Fallout 1&2 or New Vegas or even 3 for that matter, you will be disappointed. I don't mind them doing something different with Fallout 76 if they return to the RPG roots of the game with the next single-player installment. It would be interesting to see Fallout: Chicago or Fallout: NYC. However if Fallout 76 is the future of the franchise, I'm not sure what to think about that.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/bethe ... 76/post209

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 37 of 41, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shagittarius wrote:

I really hate the "games as a service" model that everyone is trying to get in on now. I wont buy a single one of them.

You are absolutely right. Bethesda should make games for free. All the 100's of thousands of man hours the workers have invested, should just work for free. The company that makes server hardware should just hand it out for free.

They have stated all DLC will be free. All cosmetics will be available in-game for free or via purchase. Exactly what are you grandstanding about?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 38 of 41, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not on this board to fight with you who obviously likes this game series a lot. You don't have to play infantile and insult my intelligence and I wont insult yours. You know the difference between a completed release and the kind of game as a service this is. They expect to make money in game, and if that's something you deem as acceptable as a consumer, a consumer who used to get a whole game when they bought one, then go ahead I cant stop you, but you are supporting profiteering over good game design. You can be as sarcastic to me as you want from here on out, but I've said my peace, i will not respond again.