Large HD images (DOSBOX)

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 85, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's as if you said:
Thanks, but i dont want extract something by myself, that is not limit which i want to cross, i dont even have WinZip installed. 😉

Everything is ready there. It's just like extracting a file. You just choose "build" instead of "extract" 😀

And adding a small patch is not even like editing a save game. You don't even need hex editor for that. It's editing a text document. Just copy\paste in the right place.

Reply 21 of 85, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:
It's as if you said: Thanks, but i dont want extract something by myself, that is not limit which i want to cross, i dont even h […]
Show full quote

It's as if you said:
Thanks, but i dont want extract something by myself, that is not limit which i want to cross, i dont even have WinZip installed. 😉

Everything is ready there. It's just like extracting a file. You just choose "build" instead of "extract" 😀

And adding a small patch is not even like editing a save game. You don't even need hex editor for that. It's editing a text document. Just copy\paste in the right place.

So when is so easy, way binary is not available?

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 24 of 85, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ruthan wrote:

I have last ykhwongs build -2015 (i really like that topmenu), im quite happy with that

Oh joy. I am already looking forward to your conclusions that DOSBox is inferior to your real DOS system, because you use ykhwong's broken build. 😀

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 25 of 85, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh joy. I am already looking forward to your conclusions that DOSBox is inferior to your real DOS system, because you use ykhwong's broken build. 😀

Keep your horses, im using this build for whole 1 day with 1 of my machines, because i wanted to try this patch. I had older ykhwong's for year, i was ok with it, maybe new build has some bugs, for my quick testing games are still working.

kjliew patch doesn't work for me
1>..\src\dos\drive_fat.cpp(645): error C3861: 'fseeko64': identifier not found
1>..\src\dos\drive_fat.cpp(646): error C3861: 'ftello64': identifier not found

Thanks for trying.. i dont mind code something - unless it is ASM or C++, but set some IDE for compile some big projects for first time is usually problematic.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 26 of 85, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

kjliew patch

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox_8gb.7z
    File size
    885.9 KiB
    Downloads
    148 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by robertmo on 2018-07-10, 12:41. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 27 of 85, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:

kjliew patch

Which version of Dosbox it is?

Reply 29 of 85, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:

today's

Ok but there are multiple versiosn of modern Dosbox builds - https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/SVN_Builds

So this is vanilla, its possible to build Dosbox-x with this patch too? I really like that top toolbar (I used Gulikozas and Ynk.. builds) with quick options,
i dunno maybe it could be enabled for other builds?

Reply 32 of 85, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:

does the patch in my build work?

Not yet, im working on other project, but i will test it.

dosbox has a lot of shortcuts for most common options
what have you been using the menu for?

Im using lots of software and i dont have good memory, i never was - shorcuts guy.
Menu is quite useful for set parameters for one session, without editing configuration file - im using often some options from every sub menu - Cpu setting - if autodetection of speed failed, video - the windows scaling and filters, Sound for turn on and turn off PC speaker, change SB settings, Dos for memory settings, Capture for videos and Drive for mounting.

Reply 33 of 85, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ctrl-f10 for releasing the mouse is the one menu won't help you 😉
ctrl-f11 and you will only need ctrl-f11, ctrl-f12 for adjusting speed in most cases
ctrl-f12 so three in a row and the first one you know 😉
ctrl-f1 allows checking all available shortcuts at any moment

as for the cpu settings always use dynamic core and if the game doesn't use max cycles just adjust them with ctrl-f11/f12 - that works for most games

windows scaling and filters
fullresolution=desktop
windowresolution=original
output=openglnb
don't use filters they always look worse

Capture for videos
just copy the files later to wherever you want

Drive for mounting
you can install games in separate folders so you can always use the same folder for mounting

you can also edit your own small dosbox.conf with only the most used settings so you can access them easily

Reply 34 of 85, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A lot of things can be changed on the fly with DOSBox commandline. This has the advantage of being able to write it in batch files for specific games.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 35 of 85, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

robertmo - Thanks these 4 key shortcut even i know, i also now that other things could be adjusted in command line.. But im one of people who things that Xerox GUI and mouse invention > than terminal and text config, so if there is some GUI Fronted i would always prefer it.
Its like DOS to Windows evaluation and even in Dos lots of people lived in File managers:) If you are Linux developer or admin, you will never understand.. i even in Linux im using MC and Htop, Nmon, gpm and other GUI like things.. and im trying to be how far from VI how i can.

Reply 36 of 85, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

this one is based on latest ece source taking some easy to compile features from it

btw minivmac allows setting things like scaler multiplier, resolution, color depth only in a special gui that has to be run in the emu, in working os, before compiling 😉
and it is not cause developers like this way more 😉

imagine the only way to configure dosbox settings would be in a special win9x app that has to be run inside dosbox with win9x installed and then compiled outside 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox_ece_8gb.7z
    File size
    1.39 MiB
    Downloads
    118 downloads
    File license

Reply 37 of 85, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is lastest ece source?

Reply 39 of 85, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

even more features

btw i think menu was being disabled automatically when win9x booted.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox_ece_8gb.7z
    File size
    1.51 MiB
    Downloads
    109 downloads
    File license