VOGONS

First post, by Vipersan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Digging around in my loft for parts for a couple of retro PCs under construction ..I happened across a CD I totally forgot I ever had .
Loom from Lucas Arts ..
sadly without any cover protection ..the jewel case lost years ago I assume..
Anyone remember this game ?
I simply cant remember playing it ...it was so long ago..
What I do remember is it was graphically appealing for the time period ..
I do love my adventure games so ..assuming it still loads ok ..will once again see the light of day ..hopefully on my new old voodo 3 card.
..not that it will make any demands on the card..🤣
rgds
VS

Reply 2 of 5, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Loom has a great story. It is mostly on rails, you merely have to note down all the spells. But the story makes it very enjoyable. The CD version has voice, IIRC, via CD audio. Very unique.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 3 of 5, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't recommend playing the CD Talkie version. While it's nice to have 256 color graphics and voice acting, it has quite a bit of cut content. Better play the FM Towns version using ScummVM, which has 256 color graphics too and a much better musical score. Or the EGA original, of course. The Amiga version is great, too.

Reply 5 of 5, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote:

I don't recommend playing the CD Talkie version. While it's nice to have 256 color graphics and voice acting, it has quite a bit of cut content. Better play the FM Towns version using ScummVM, which has 256 color graphics too and a much better musical score. Or the EGA original, of course. The Amiga version is great, too.

Does the Towns version have the MT32 soundtrack?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder