VOGONS

First post, by tmdgm24

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

Newbie. I just installed dgvoodoo2 for splinter cell 1. So I copied the d3d8.dll file to the system directory as per the instructions and it turned the screen blue! The game ran just everything was blue.

When I quit the game, everything is still blue. Fortunately rebooting makes it go back to normal.

When I delete the d3d8.dll file, splinter cell runs fine, granted without the benefits of dgvoodoo.

Any ideas from the blue?

I have an Asus laptop with gtx 1050

Reply 1 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sounds as if your gamma ramp for the monitor output got corrupted for some reason. Strange if it's still there after quitting the game because DX11 only allows application to override gamma ramp when they own the monitor with fullscreen output and restores the default otherwise.
(You don't have to reboot get rid of blueness, I think it's enough to re-apply your color profile in Windows Display Settings).

Try the following: edit dgVoodoo.conf in your Splinter Cell system folder and set 'InheritColorProfileInFullScreenMode = true'. Let me know if it helps.

Reply 2 of 5, by tmdgm24

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thx! I'll give it a try as soon as I get home.

Yea I agree I probably just need to re apply the monitor color profile because right it reverts back to normal color as soon as I hit the shutdown button,

Reply 3 of 5, by tmdgm24

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks like that fixed it! Thx! Very very much appreciated. The intro scene with lambert and Sam looks awesome! That's all I've had to test.

Only odd thing so far was the intro cut scene didn't have sound. Odd. But I can live with that if rest of game looks as good as the first scene.

Any idea why that happened? Oh. One more thing. It says the ini files need to be updated and are out of date. Thought dgvoodoo was supposed to remove that? Again not a big deal as long as game works.

Reply 4 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tmdgm24 wrote:

Only odd thing so far was the intro cut scene didn't have sound. Odd. But I can live with that if rest of game looks as good as the first scene.

Any idea why that happened? Oh. One more thing. It says the ini files need to be updated and are out of date. Thought dgvoodoo was supposed to remove that? Again not a big deal as long as game works.

Yes, it sounds very odd. dgVoodoo doesn't remove any config/ini file. It just reads its own ini but that's all. Does the intro scene have sound without dgVoodoo?

Reply 5 of 5, by tmdgm24

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yea intro has sound without dgvoodoo. Go figure. Pandora tomorrow is all fine tho. I haven't had time to play through the game yet to fully test the rest of the game. But the start of the training mission seems fine.