VOGONS

First post, by Jens

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I got different versions of the MWDB-II mapping-program Versamap (1992-95). V 1.1, 1.4 and 1.5 work fine. Versions 1.2 and 1.3 (look almost the same to me) can be started via batch under Win XP. In DosBox they crash & produce the following error:

Path not found in module MPROJECT at address 1DEA:0322

Why?

Greetings Jens

Reply 2 of 6, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try vDosPlus and see if it works there, cause that is designed to work with applications which aren't games.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 3 of 6, by Jens

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
olddos25 wrote:

Try vDosPlus and see if it works there, cause that is designed to work with applications which aren't games.

Well, i play with it, so it is a game. Versamap is simple 8-bit DOS, less than 400K, no long file-names, it runs on a 386 and just visualized a small database from 1980 = nothing sophisticated. Maybe Versamap is buggy (some versions work, others not). Otherwise i'm sure, i myself am doing something wrong and DosBox can handle it (like my uncounted games from 1980 to 1995, all 8bit-Windows versions and a bundle of geography/astronomy progs (games) that are a lot more complex than Versamap).

Thanks for your commendation, but the vDosPlus-guy asks for a donation on the very first page of his site, and i'm tired of beggars.

Anyway, thanks for your effort! Jens

Reply 4 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's nothing wrong with asking for donations for free software and it's not begging.

Did you install the software or are you trying to run an already installed copy?
Try it in real DOS using: pcem, vpc, vmware, virtualbox, physical computer
We don't care if the software works in the XP command prompt since that's not DOS.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes, path not found points at problems with the installation, e.g. preinstalled app and the paths don't match after mounting in DOSBox

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 6, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I thought it was an app, sorry.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)