VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by David_OSU

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a list of legacy Windows games that work in Windows 7 but are broken in Windows 10? I've seen many comments on PC Gaming Wiki about games broken on Windows 10, but haven't found a comprehensive list.

Reply 1 of 4, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No. There's no list. Which is going to be the answer just about any time you ask for a list for something and Google hasn't already given you one. List-making is not just this massive hidden hobby people seem to think it is.

I have tested a ton of games and can't think of any games I haven't gotten working in Windows 10. There's almost always some fan workaround and plenty of generic workarounds for all sorts of problems.

As for games broken out of the box... Probably a pretty huge number, though if you run updates on Windows 7 you'll catch a lot up to that number (secdrv disabling patch).

Reply 4 of 4, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

List-making is not just this massive hidden hobby people seem to think it is.

I love making informative lists, but only when the subject at hand is easy to define, reasonably bounded and hard to dispute; none of which is true when it comes to game compatibility charts. I can only give a deep bow of appreciation to DosFreak's comprehensive spreadsheet and the huge amount of work behind it. 😳

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys