VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm trying to run the 2004 Visual Basic-based game Survival Crisis Z running on Windows 10 v1803. Simply running the program causes it to error out, stating it requires dx8vb.dll. I found the required DLL online and placed it in the game's folder. Dong this resulted in an "ActiveX object could not be created" error.

Next, after doing a bit of research, I found these instructions, which tell how to run the game on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista. I followed the 64-bit instructions, only to get a 423 (623?) error stating something like, "The object could not be created."

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? I'd really like to try out the game.

Reply 1 of 3, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Expack3 wrote:

I'm trying to run the 2004 Visual Basic-based game Survival Crisis Z running on Windows 10 v1803. Simply running the program causes it to error out, stating it requires dx8vb.dll. I found the required DLL online and placed it in the game's folder. Dong this resulted in an "ActiveX object could not be created" error.

Next, after doing a bit of research, I found these instructions, which tell how to run the game on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista. I followed the 64-bit instructions, only to get a 423 (623?) error stating something like, "The object could not be created."

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? I'd really like to try out the game.

Are you sure you registered the DLL correctly? Because that's the error message I got before registering the DLLs.

The game works fine in Windows 10. At least the first five seconds.

Reply 2 of 3, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote:
Expack3 wrote:

Are you sure you registered the DLL correctly? Because that's the error message I got before registering the DLLs.

The game works fine in Windows 10. At least the first five seconds.

Ye
Yes, I'm sure; I followed the 64-bit instructions to the letter.