Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1380 of 1908, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I came across this in a second hand game shop. I thought it was a DVD film at first....

vVQgXx7h.jpg
looks interesting. I wonder what type of game it is?

yeiFyy3h.jpg
Nope this doesn't really tell me either?

Nice looking manual and the disk just looks like a music CD!
ju9xU7Oh.jpg

YI4o5Clh.jpg
Damn! I hope it has some bots then.

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 1381 of 1908, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This came in the other day. Unfortunately after disc 1 installed ok disk 2 asked for a password which I have no clue where to find it as the disk and case show nothing. Can anyone confirm if they're copy asks for a password?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    383.77 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1382 of 1908, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
buckeye wrote:

This came in the other day. Unfortunately after disc 1 installed ok disk 2 asked for a password which I have no clue where to find it as the disk and case show nothing. Can anyone confirm if they're copy asks for a password?

Problem solved, had to disable my Saitek gamepad program which had Installshield on it.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1383 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

One of my local thrift shops had put out a heap of fresh games the last time I went. Surprisingly, some of them were actually decent rather than the usual NHL '[every year imaginable] and Rock Band XVII: Middle-Aged Dad Music on Xbox/PS2, or Fit Sports: FMV Yoga on Wii (why is there so much of this drek around? Who bought all this new??)

Naturally I picked them over and scored some goodies, plus a mint-y H2G2 cassette pack for good measure. All of these were $1-$2 each.

CameraZOOM-20180920002717225.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20180920002717225.jpg
File size
364.87 KiB
Views
File license

All complete. A couple of these are worth a fair bit; God Hand is apparently a $60 game for some reason. Amped is a "not for resale limited edition", which turned out to mean nothing (bundle pack-in.) Not really sure why I ended up taking Spongebob home; it's moderately pricey by PS2 standards, but I don't have any interest in playing it. Trade fodder I guess.

There is nothing else in the picture that I also may have bought recently even though I absolutely 100% didn't need it and should probably be saving my money. Nothing.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1384 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Amped is a super awesone original XBOX game, it actually runs at 720p if you have component cables.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1386 of 1908, by Crank9000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
appiah4 wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/sGXygttd/PC_Command_Conquer_Red_Alert_Complete.jpg Yes Comrade! […]
Show full quote

PC_Command_Conquer_Red_Alert_Complete.jpg
Yes Comrade!

Cha-ching!

I don't think I've seen edition like that before, did it come with big box?

Reply 1387 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Crank9000 wrote:
appiah4 wrote:
https://i.postimg.cc/sGXygttd/PC_Command_Conquer_Red_Alert_Complete.jpg Yes Comrade! […]
Show full quote

PC_Command_Conquer_Red_Alert_Complete.jpg
Yes Comrade!

Cha-ching!

I don't think I've seen edition like that before, did it come with big box?

Nope, jewel case only, but it does not seem to be a jewel case release so the box must have gotten destroyed at one point.

Reply 1388 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Speaking of jewel cases, I got lucky in the cheap rack again the other day. All these were 1 or 2 bucks each. Command Adventures: Starship is a cool-looking DOS game that I've never heard of, and I've never played No One Lives Forever and Serious Sam, so looking forward to trying those out. Creature Shock is a cheesy FMV rail shooter so you know I'm gonna grab that. (Weirdly, it's 2 CDs stuffed into a standard single CD jewel case - wondering if it came that way or if somebody re-housed it at some point. All the insert cards are there, including the spines.) Plus some quality early-'90s rave tunes for good measure. 😜

CameraZOOM-20181004140303903.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20181004140303903.jpg
File size
324.95 KiB
Views
File license

Loom came in this Z-fold case which is kind of neat. Never seen one of these before. Fortunately none of the tabs have broken off & it still folds nicely.

CameraZOOM-20181002212457209.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20181002212457209.jpg
File size
390.34 KiB
Views
File license

The SAME shop also had Duke 3D (jewel only) for $4.99 (already have it) and a Wing Commander + Ultima IV compilation on bare CD - no box or manuals or anything - for $24.99 in the glass security case up front. I'd love to blame (nearly-)legal weed for this, but I've come to the conclusion that some people do things that are just incomprehensible regardless of any substances.

Instead of that I picked up a couple sweet vintage mics for eight bucks each which I'll post up in the hardware thread.

I'm thinking of starting yet another gameplay channel on yt, because what else am I going to do with all these?? 😜

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1389 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bought a copy of Age of Mythology & Titans (Ubisoft Exclusive DVD-Style repackage box) for 3 bucks. I never played this game, went straight from Age of Empires II to Rise of Nations, I'm sure it will be interesting fun once I get my Socket 754 system working. Unfortunately no photos. 😢

Reply 1390 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ran into these the other day at a thrift store. If anyone is looking for one of these boxed copies let me know and I'll pick it up for you. PM me. I personally am not a big fan of war strategy/simulator games. Well, maybe a few select, but not these.

games1.jpg
Filename
games1.jpg
File size
762.29 KiB
Views
File license
games2.jpg
Filename
games2.jpg
File size
1.05 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1391 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PM'ed you about that Microprose goodness liqmat..

Some Microprose goodness came in the mail today:

PC_Microprose_RRTD_UFO.jpg

Reply 1392 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@liqmat: SO tempted to get you to grab that Prince 3D; rare as hell to see one in a big box rather than jewel case only. But shipping would be far more than that game is worth. 😜 Neat find though!

I gave up on my aspirations of a complete Prince of Persia collection when I realized how many junk/cash-in mobile games there were in the series.

Reply 1393 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xjas wrote:

@liqmat: SO tempted to get you to grab that Prince 3D; rare as hell to see one in a big box rather than jewel case only. But shipping would be far more than that game is worth. 😜 Neat find though!

I gave up on my aspirations of a complete Prince of Persia collection when I realized how many junk/cash-in mobile games there were in the series.

You're in the states, are you not?

Reply 1394 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Came across this and thought why not.. It's in basically new condition. Most of these games, I am interested in and have no chance of finding boxed at a good price, so I grabbed it.

PC_EA_Compilation.jpg

Reply 1395 of 1908, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:

Ran into these the other day at a thrift store. If anyone is looking for one of these boxed copies let me know and I'll pick it up for you. PM me. I personally am not a big fan of war strategy/simulator games. Well, maybe a few select, but not these.

Awesome find! I'd have taken F-19 and F-15 in a heartbeat had I come across those, also V for Victory. 😊

Reply 1396 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They wanted $10 each. I may go back for the F-19, but the F-15 Strike Eagle II had a severely caved in box from something sitting on it. The Prince of Persia 3D I did grab @ $7.50 for xjas and it just by chance was factory sealed and in very good shape.

Reply 1397 of 1908, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bought the following games within the past few weeks to today:

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri in fantastic shape for $0.10
Call of Duty: Finest Hour with the Medal of Honor: European Assault disk in there (2 for the price of 1) for the Xbox Original (still have the system and it still works)
The Messenger (big box)
Bow Hunter
Deer Hunter
Yahtzee and Sorry (Canadian monopoly)

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1398 of 1908, by Crank9000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I haven't been actively collecting big box games, but I do have a list of games I'd kinda like to eventually have as big box versions. Can scratch one name off that list now, stumbled upon one of my all time favorite games completely by accident, still factory sealed and in perfect condition. Best 10€ I've spent in a while.

Severance.jpg
Filename
Severance.jpg
File size
81.26 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1399 of 1908, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is that effectively the Demon's Souls of the early 2000s ?

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/