VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 3782 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo: […]
Show full quote

Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo:

FarCry.png
SPLINTERCELL3.png
😁

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT...................................................................................................

Reply 3783 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:
Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo: […]
Show full quote

Far Cry and Chaos Theory through dgVoodoo:

FarCry.png
SPLINTERCELL3.png
😁

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT...................................................................................................

Hmm . Post a pic with what MSI overlay says. If it says D3D9 then hmmm...i dont think it is possble....fake news. 😀

Reply 3787 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x. But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker. St […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:

Dege maybe got the d3d9 (for dx9a/b) already implemented.....

It's D3D9 with shader model 1.x.
But up until now I only tested it with a bunch of Farbrausch demos, FarCry, SC3 and Stalker.
Stalker turned out to be a DllMain game so it won't work.

Well, we must prepare a testbench list with all the d3d9 sm 1.x games! 😁

Can you check in Chaos Theory if the nightvision/heatvision shader is working right?

Reply 3789 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Seems ok to me: https://i.postimg.cc/KKtVQ1sn/SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-16-01.png https://i.postimg.cc/mPvJQYVL/SPLINTERCEL […]
Show full quote

Seems ok to me:
SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-16-01.png SPLINTERCELL3-2018-10-13-11-41-43-70.png

Although D3D9 is good news i've would loved SCPT ligting issue to be workedaround. 😀 Also for other DX6-8 titles before moving on. (modding teritory here)
I really love your work but i fear extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

Another question i have what are your plans for the future? Direct 9 b & c ?

Cheers.

Reply 3791 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
daniel_u wrote:

extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

It's a separeted DLL, so no problem for DDRAW/D3D8.
We must compile a list of all D3D9 SM1.x games to help Dege (searching games from 2003/2004 to 2006/2007).

Reply 3794 of 3949, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tested with Wing Commander IV Win95 -i(ddraw) activated
Menus are still buggy and it doesn't scale, only the config menu works, same goes to the DVD GoG/ORIGIN release.

Also i looked at JANE's Fighter Anthology, there are black artifacts and flickering on the entire game, you need to move the mouse to see the screen fully
F22 Lightning 3 with Direct3d activated runs well

Reply 3795 of 3949, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tried the latest version (2.55.4) with ZDoom 1.23b33 and it doesn't work. I get a "DirectDraw returned no display modes" error. Same with WineD3D for windows. I'm on Windows 8.1 32 bits.
https://zdoom.org/files/123beta33.zip

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 3796 of 3949, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Anyone have an issue with starting a new thread with the next release?

This. And please use separate topics for game specific issues, I'm sick of seeing tons of posts about Splinter cell series lighting issues. 😠

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 3797 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Myloch wrote:
DosFreak wrote:

This. And please use separate topics for game specific issues, I'm sick of seeing tons of posts about Splinter cell series lighting issues. 😠

You sir, are a hater.

Reply 3798 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
daniel_u wrote:
Although D3D9 is good news i've would loved SCPT ligting issue to be workedaround. :) Also for other DX6-8 titles before moving […]
Show full quote

Although D3D9 is good news i've would loved SCPT ligting issue to be workedaround. 😀 Also for other DX6-8 titles before moving on. (modding teritory here)
I really love your work but i fear extending support for D3D9 might break other things. Are there that many games that need D3D9 support? From what i know compatibility is still good for Direct X 9 titles.

Cheers.

Yes, it's a separate dll so it shouldn't break others. Main reason of dgVoodoo D3D9 is that I wanted to expose D3D8.1-level through D3D9 once most of the needed code was already implemented.
And I wanted to do the code refactoring before doing any development on it. So, D3D9 b & c is not a priority for now.
BTW, SC3 is complete crap for me natively, no matter what shader model I set. So, now it's useful for me if not others. 😁 😁

ZellSF wrote:

I don't think there's any way to reliably tell which games are SM1.x from system requirements, is there? I don't think there's even any reliable way to tell if you actually have the game?

I think either the game/app itself or dgVoodoo's debug layer will tell it.

DosFreak wrote:

Yes, this thread got way too long now. I don't mind if it's about to be closed. However there still would be nice to have a (new) general thread for general talk and short questions.

Reply 3799 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

Main reason of dgVoodoo D3D9 is that I wanted to expose D3D8.1-level through D3D9 once most of the needed code was already implemented.

So to understand this better:
D3D8.dll will go into the game folder. From there it will go through d3d11 or d3d9 depending what i select in the main page config combo right? Not sure i get it.
The same for D3d9.dll . Depending what i select will go through dx10 or dx 11, right?

Related to SC3 there are 2 option in game that i always wanted checked. HDR and AA. Once one is checked then the other will be set off. This was a limitation back in the day due to hardware.
Do you think that we can trick the game to be both on? 😀

@Lowenz what was the problem with FarCry 1? From what i know there was an issue with reflection in the water of the terain/forest/mountains. Is this still happening?

I will install these again and give them a go. By the way, checked the latest WIP . I dont see a d3d9.dll file. Did i looked into another WIP,lol? Do i need to rename d3d8 file?

Edit: SC 3 AA and HDR options is for SM 3.0 not 1.1. Guess this will have to wait.😀
Edit2: FC1 is Dx9.0b. So what now?
DX9b.png