VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 542 of 1111, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC, Tron 2.0 is 4:3 but with unofficial patch and Killer App Mod you get 16:9 and 16:10. Killer App Mod is still being updated too.

I do wonder if it would be possible in dgvoodoo if some kind of comment could be added, stating that updating a game, using a port may be preferable than using dgvoodoo but probably no one wants to hear that in this thread since dgvoodoo is so awesome.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 544 of 1111, by roshiahito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried launching Sims 2 (2004, d3d9), but unfortunately it crashes with INVALIDCALL.
Here's a debug log:

Attachments

• Filename
    shinji.log
    File size
    2.8 KiB
    Downloads
    68 downloads
    File comment
    sims 2 debug log
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 545 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

IIRC, Tron 2.0 is 4:3 but with unofficial patch and Killer App Mod you get 16:9 and 16:10. Killer App Mod is still being updated too.

I do wonder if it would be possible in dgvoodoo if some kind of comment could be added, stating that updating a game, using a port may be preferable than using dgvoodoo but probably no one wants to hear that in this thread since dgvoodoo is so awesome.

dgVoodoo can't modify the FoV (and it's allright).

Reply 546 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

I only tested D3D9 with:
- Far Cry (patched to 1.4)

I've re-tested and I can confirm that:

*Your DLL switches r_Quality_BumpMapping = "3" to r_Quality_BumpMapping = "2"

Maybe this is due to SM3 not yet implemented (and FC 1.4 needs SM3 support if you don't switch it OFF through r_SM30path 0)!
BUT your DLL has some other problems, as I already pointed out, and NOT related to the bumpmapping:

-mipmap (?) / detailed texture missing
-no shadows!

Correct rendering:
0.jpg

dgVoodoo2 rendering
1.jpg

Last edited by lowenz on 2018-10-19, 21:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 548 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
"Failed to create device"

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Fails to render menu (just the 2D slideshow that's supposed to be behind the menu).

Sonic Riders
Just crashes, no error. Will look for d3d9.dll only in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 unless you edit the exe.

Spellforce
Inconsistent startup behavior, always crashes, but only sometimes gives "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (1154)". Like Sonic Riders, only looks for d3d9.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Titan Quest (demo)
The procedure entry point D3DPERF_SetMarker could not be located in the dynamic link library D:\Titan Quest Demo\Direct3D.dll.

Reply 552 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I found fundamental bugs in D3D9. Don't test anything new with WIP51, those bugs affects many aspect of the rendering.
But, I already fixed a lot of things and working on a new version to come up with.

lowenz wrote:

Any news Dege about the issues of FC? (I hope now you see them! 😁 )

Yes, the ground texture now seems ok. As for the shadows... well, I don't know. There is shadow in general with dgVoodoo too, but I don't know if it's rendered in a different way with sm1.x compared to sm3. I mean, environment models (palm trees and such) may be lower level for sm1.x.

Reply 553 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kaiser77_1982 wrote:

Hello Dege, I say you this here becuase I can't send PMs. I am writing a book about 3dfx, could I use the photos of games of your web in my book? Thanks

Sorry, I forgot about this. Yes, you can use them... but those pictures are about DX games, not 3Dfx ones... 😀

Reply 554 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Dege, since people has been blasting posts, I guess you missed my latest post. 😜

but I have been figured out that by selecting the GTA FIA config to a 16 bit graphic resolution, the dashboard textures works, but I don't think the cars side mirrors are working with dgvoodoo.
but by setting the game to a 32 bit resolution, the bug appeared.
So the game only work almost perfect if I set the game to 16 bit, I also use unforced in dgvoodoo since the display resolution is showing fine for the game with help of dgvoodoo.

Reply 556 of 1111, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
I found fundamental bugs in D3D9. Don't test anything new with WIP51, those bugs affects many aspect of the rendering. But, I al […]
Show full quote

I found fundamental bugs in D3D9. Don't test anything new with WIP51, those bugs affects many aspect of the rendering.
But, I already fixed a lot of things and working on a new version to come up with.

lowenz wrote:

Any news Dege about the issues of FC? (I hope now you see them! 😁 )

Yes, the ground texture now seems ok. As for the shadows... well, I don't know. There is shadow in general with dgVoodoo too, but I don't know if it's rendered in a different way with sm1.x compared to sm3. I mean, environment models (palm trees and such) may be lower level for sm1.x.

Do you plan to make the dll to be used with other custom d3d9 dlls? I mean i love GTA4 (SM3.0)for which i chain 3 dll already . 😀(SMAA, some custom code patch 8 and enb)

Reply 557 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deffnator wrote:

wile everyone is been testing new stuff
DI Apache Longbow 95(windows) and HIND has Flickering Menus and window problems

i didn't tested with the 3dfx patch due to the setup being busted, and the game patch being incompatible with modern windows

NVM, tested it with the 3dfx patch and Voodoo
3dfx patch has a perpetual black screen menu that it doesnt load after the cinematic intro
Voodoo2 works, but the cameras are busted and you cant change it.

The Game runs well without both + Using D3DRM.dll but its unstable and it crashes if i use it to change resolution.

as for Jane's FA

FA 2018-09-30 19-54-38.png
Filename
FA 2018-09-30 19-54-38.png
File size
816.68 KiB
Views
File comment
this is what happens if i use menus and such
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 558 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

New WIP:
=========================
WIP52:

- Regression bug in D3D8 shader cache, fixed (Star Wars Republic Commando)
- Adding support for textures/surfaces with YUV formats (UYVY, YUY2) for D3D8/9 (Serious Sam 2 movie playback)
- Lot of D3D9 bugfixing
- Some general refactoring

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP52.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP52_dbg.zip

D3D9 games I tested so far:

- Ages Of Empires III - Selecting antialiasing in the game causes black screen (it's some init problem I need to solve), otherwise seems to be ok
- AquaNox 2 - Seems to be ok
- Bontage - Seems to be ok
- SC Chaos Theory - Seems to be ok (with my patch)
- Demon Stone - One issue: dgVoodoo doesn't yet support auto-generation of texture mipmap-levels. This game supposes the support for that and creates its own textures with autogen. dgVoodoo will only allow the topmost level for those textures, resulting in disabling mipmapping. The debug layer will warn you if such a texture creation is detected. Otherwise seems to be ok.
- Enter The Matrix - Doesn't work. There is an initialization problem I need to resolve. I managed to get it run by helping a little by the debugger (:D) and there were no rendering problems.
- Far Cry - Don't know if the objects are rendered at a lower detail level into the shadow texture with sm1.x compared to sm3. Otherwise seems to be ok.
- FireWarrior - Seems to be ok
- Ground Control II demo - I'm not sure. Scene is a bit foggy and water is rendered differently with SM1.x.
- Heroes of Annihilated Empires - Menu works, but turns out to be an SM2 game so 3D rendering is wrong.
- Oblivion - Menu works, but turns out to be an SM2 game so 3D rendering is wrong.
- MicroMachines V4 - Seems to be ok
- Narbacular Drop - Seems to be ok
- Outrun Coast To Coast 2006 - Seems to be ok
- Pitfall The Lost Expedition - Seems to be ok
- Prince of Persia The Sands of Time - Seems to be ok
- Raider III - Doesn't work correctly. This game uses D3DX and there must be some problem with it through dgVoodoo, I need to figure it out.
- Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness - Seems to be ok
- Serious Sam 2 - I think there is a glitch with the water, otherwise seems to be ok

- 3DMark 03: Test 'Mother Nature' is not available, I guess it needs higher shader versions than 1.x, bu otherwise ok

@Deffnator: Thanks for the feedback! I want to do some DDraw fixings a bit later.

Reply 559 of 1111, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
New WIP: ========================= WIP52: ========================= - 3DMark 03: Test 'Mother Nature' is not available, I guess […]
Show full quote

New WIP:
WIP52:
- 3DMark 03: Test 'Mother Nature' is not available, I guess it needs higher shader versions than 1.x, bu otherwise ok

Something is wrong with the Non-debug version of d3d9.dll in 3dmark 03. It says "Initialization failed" upon running the tests.
If i try with debug version it works. 😀 My 3d mark version is 3.6.0