VOGONS

First post, by trekmann1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, This is a bit of an odd question.

I run Dosbox 74 in Linux (Fedora) not the new 74-2. I have two old BBS games that are registered. The program looks for a specific reg file. In one of the games no problem. The other game says the game isn't registered.

However if I run that same game in a Windows Doxbox, then it does see the reg file fine.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can check.. my Dos games are stored in my home folder, and accessed that way I've checked file permissions, I thought perhaps the game is down in too many subfolders (I've found a game or two that had that issue), but for this BBS game I get the same problem on the Linux version. But Windows version of Dosbox no problem

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by Asterisk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is the directory containing the registration file mounting correctly under Linux? Remember that the path delimiter in Linux is a forward slash (/) instead of a backslash, and that file and directory names are case sensitive. If you're using the same mount command on both OSes, confirm that the path you're mounting is actually valid in Linux.

Reply 2 of 2, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeh it 'looks' like a path problem..

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg