WvVxNqF.jpg
kfWZlow.jpg

Specs-
[*]Pentium 4- 1.8 Ghz
[*]1 GB Ram
[*]Creative Audigy 2
[*]Radeon 9200
[*]Zip 100 Drive added in for extra flair

Ended up having to find a new power supply for this, ended up with a new old stock SFX powersupply. This case is a joy to work in, with flip up cages for both drive areas. And the aesthetics are absolutely on point.

If you be interested in it and live in the Minneapolis area, its currently in the store at Freegeek Twin Cities.

Last edited by Madc0w on 2018-11-07, 23:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 8, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

These are still actively used in many point of sale markets and I always wonder when I see one installed in the managers office of a brand new restaurant or store. Does Lenovo still make brand new NetVistas that have the IBM branding on them still?

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 4 of 8, by OverTallman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
CrossBow777 wrote:

These are still actively used in many point of sale markets and I always wonder when I see one installed in the managers office of a brand new restaurant or store. Does Lenovo still make brand new NetVistas that have the IBM branding on them still?

Well, it's been replaced by ThinkCentre for at least a decade...

Reply 5 of 8, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know that...but I have seen new NetVista's coming out of boxes as recently as 2 years ago that were being installed for the Managers. So somewhere a stockpile of NOS IBM branded NetVistas existed somewhere for them to be bought for use in this restaurant chain we were servicing at the time. They still use those NetVistas today with some of them having been installed nearly 10 years ago now. But yes, I saw a brand new one come out of the box 2 years ago for a newly constructed and about to open restaurant. We were in there during the setup process because my company handles the digital signage for their menu boards etc...and we use small HTPC type computers to drive that.

g883j7-2.png

Reply 6 of 8, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

^Were they actually brand new? I'd imagine they were refurbished off-lease units. Same familiar case and most of the internals, but possibly a new HDD and software installation.

Reply 7 of 8, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Those IBM computers are real Cadillac's with Pentium processors. Very easy to setup and reliable.
I have had :
IBM PS/1 486’s
IBM 350’s
IBM Aptiva’s
IBM Thinkstations.
IBM Netvista’s
IBM Thinkpads

Last edited by Intel486dx33 on 2018-11-09, 21:52. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 8 of 8, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well..the earlier NetVista's use to give us some grief as they suffered the same crappy capacitor issues that the 300GLs they replaced had. Before I worked for the company I do now, I had to be IBM certified on all the desktop models because we did the repair and parts authorization for their use in the Airlines industry.

And yes I suspect they weren't quite brand new, but I do think that they could have been NOS since it wouldn't suprise me if the restaurant chain had purchased them a long time ago in bulk when IBM was clearance them out. Last time I personally had to work on or use a NetVista would have been in 2007 as I used one of the airline models not only for support, training reasons, but because it was better than what my actual company would provide us to use at the time 🤣. Now that I think about it, I still have that NetVista somewhere...hmm....

g883j7-2.png