VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 3847 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FulValBot wrote:

Because support 3dfx too, not only opengl...

Quake engine games are OpenGL only. They support 3DFX through wrappers, like dgVoodoo except included with the game.

That you can hack together a way to run the game on 3DFX doesn't really answer my question though: Why do you want to run the game under 3DFX?

Reply 3849 of 3949, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
FulValBot wrote:

With dgVoodoo2 it doesn't work, it crashes if i rename glide3.dll to 3dfxvgl.dll (when there are both files in the same folder)

3dfxvgl.dll need glide3.dll to work as I understand.
3dfxvgl.dll is the games "driver" and "glide3.dll" would be the "system driver"
you would need to config the game to run 3dfxvgl.dll, and copy the glide3.dll from either nglide or dgvoodoo

Reply 3853 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FulValBot wrote:

How i can use integer ratios scaling with dgVoodoo2?

gta2 freezes with a 2x resolution (it happen also with all other, except unforced)

version 2.55.4

1. Grand Theft Auto 2 has perfect high resolution support as is, why would you need to force resolution?
  2. Forcing resolution works on Grand Theft Auto 2. You're doing something wrong.
  3. Grand Theft Auto 2 has 3D elements, so if you're setting a lower ingame resolution and integer scaling it, it will look much worse than it should.

If you still want to do it, copy dgVoodoo.conf to the game directory open it in notepad and find the line:
ImageScaleFactor = 1
And change it to your scale factor.

Reply 3854 of 3949, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Uhm... tested Mafia1 and Swat3 with ImageScaleFactor = 2 and 800x600 resolution selected in game options, only Swat3 is more pixellated (i'm unable to scale 800x600 resolution... it's a problem of 1600x1200 resolution that it's the same also when scaling is disabled or centered...) frame rate is unstable...

With GTA2 only 640x480 is a good resolution, all other cause HUD pixellated... (it was good with 2x)

i'll test it soon with ImageScaleFactor = 2

tested GTA1 with very high success (tested with scaling mode centered, keep aspect ratio and with scaling strected, 4:3 aspect ratio CRT like

tested also some other games, frame rate is unstable...

Last edited by FulValBot on 2018-12-12, 08:49. Edited 7 times in total.

Reply 3855 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

ImageScaleFactor = Integer Scaling = Pixelation. Pixelation is the expected result when you integer scale something.

Integer scaling is not meant to make the image look better, it is meant to make the image larger, and only that. Any low resolution image and you will see the pixels it's composed of.

Reply 3858 of 3949, by Silanda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just a couple of comments about Resident Evil 2 (the older port).

I have the UK version so can't directly use your fixed executables, but I compared the US 1.4 exe to your patch to figure out what needed changing in the UK executable. This works, the game starts with dgVoodoo (it doesn't work natively, however), upscaling works great, and running with dgVoodoo gets rid of graphic glitches I get late in the game when running natively. There is one small problem: the video sequences.

I have no problem getting the videos to play, but they're stretched to full screen rather than being letterboxed like they're supposed to be. The scaling settings seem to have no effect. This is true whether I use LAV Video or the original Indeo codec as the decoder.