Reply 26781 of 52354, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keenerb wrote:
Not exactly hardware, but I'm delighted with this find. […]
Show full quote

Not exactly hardware, but I'm delighted with this find.

diskette1.jpg

It's the cutest little monitor you've ever seen!

But wait, what's this???

diskette2.jpg

A floppy disk case! How charming!

aww... that's adorable. 😊

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 26783 of 52354, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dionb wrote:
Then the other three parcels that arrived: […]
Show full quote

Then the other three parcels that arrived:

full.png

So775 doesn't feel really retro, but this Intel DQ45EK board is already almost 11 years old, as is the Antec case I bought to put it in. I already had CPU and RAM. Up to now I used the same (Core i3) system for home server and HTPC, but that's getting impractical, so the i3 goes into the study and this will take over with a C2D E7500 in the living room.

I had a the exact same board last year or 2 to be precise, one came as a replacement for the first. I wasn't lucky with them. The first one was really picky with the RAM. It started with RAM failure beeps with basically everything except for the set I got it with. It also couldn't run my E5200 at full speed. The second one worked fine at first, no RAM issues, even worked with my Q8200S, but 2 weeks later it died on me.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 26784 of 52354, by dr.ido

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dionb wrote:
One thing I couldn't quite figure out - this cable: […]
Show full quote

One thing I couldn't quite figure out - this cable:

full.png

It has a Sony-branded tag and the PS/2 connector has "PS/2" on it, so it looks like keyboard or mouse. But what is the connector on the other end - and what would that plug into?

Possibly for a Sony projector to allow the projectors IR remote to control the PS/2 mouse on the PC?

Looks like is also the remains of PZM microphone in there which are quite sought after (or at least they were last time I sold one), but can't see if there's enough of it there to be salvagable.

Reply 26785 of 52354, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bought two keyboards recently, one in particular caught my eye as it has a AT DIN connector (!) and the seller said that it has buckling springs (!!) either way I'm snatching it, as I have a Socket 7 system (a good ole' Shuttle HOT-555A mobo 😁 with a ceramic Pentium 133MHz) that has this particular keyboard connector... and y'know I've been desperate to find a mechanical keyboard, while this one isn't a model M (a model M or F keyboard is literally out of my range financially speaking 😵)

Is it me or AT keyboards are starting to get really scarce?! But anyways, the way seller asked 10€ but they ended up asking 5€ and they'll include many other things with the keyboards, I can't wait for my parcel to arrive home 😜

BTW seller's pic, I'll keep y'all updated when it'll arrive 😀

020c439be3aa8993be6de2c404f7f8edc9f4230a.jpg
Filename
020c439be3aa8993be6de2c404f7f8edc9f4230a.jpg
File size
138.3 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
keenerb wrote:

A friend of mine has one of these too, I totally forgot these existed 🤣

Last edited by Vynix on 2019-01-11, 15:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 26787 of 52354, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
oeuvre wrote:

Dell RT7D5JTW keyboard, said to be the best of the Dell Quietkeys.

Now that you mention it, this one indeed looks like a Dell QuietKey from the outside but on the inside... Bah as long I have a AT DIN keyboard, I can't really complain 😜

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 26788 of 52354, by dickkickem

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The first thing I got was this sick 16MB Voodoo3 rig off Mercari. I just need my 3 prong power cord to finally come here so I can play lots of SWAT 3, AvP, and SS2! It was honestly a really good price IMO ($161 + $30 shipping) so I didn't feel bad about getting it at all (I did in fact test it and it worked perfectly, but my only other 3 prong power cord is for my main desktop).
PSRNsTJ.jpg?1

I also got this ThinkPad 770. I paid $50 + $25 shipping. I feel like I kind of overpaid, but it came with 3 batteries, and the first one I tested actually held a charge! It's also in really good condition, and there's barely any scuffs on the rubber coating and the inside is uncirculated mint. Bought the rest of the stuff I needed for it for $30 all. I also might upgrade the 5.1GB HDD to a 16GB IDE SSD and make it my personal school computer since the batteries work and all, idk though.
mPfEVwd.jpg?2

DOS game collection
YouTube
Instagram

My vintage rigs:
Fujitsu Lifebook E330 - Working w/ Win95
Fujitsu Lifebook C352 - Nonworking 🙁
HP Pavilion A520N - Working w/ WinXP
AST Ascentia M 5260X - Working w/ WinME
IBM ThinkPad 770 - Working w/ Win2K

Reply 26789 of 52354, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RandomStranger wrote:

I had a the exact same board last year or 2 to be precise, one came as a replacement for the first. I wasn't lucky with them. The first one was really picky with the RAM. It started with RAM failure beeps with basically everything except for the set I got it with. It also couldn't run my E5200 at full speed. The second one worked fine at first, no RAM issues, even worked with my Q8200S, but 2 weeks later it died on me.

So far so good here... but thanks for the heads-up.

Reply 26790 of 52354, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dickkickem wrote:

The first thing I got was this sick 16MB Voodoo3 rig off Mercari. I just need my 3 prong power cord to finally come here so I can play lots of SWAT 3, AvP, and SS2! It was honestly a really good price IMO ($161 + $30 shipping) so I didn't feel bad about getting it at all (I did in fact test it and it worked perfectly, but my only other 3 prong power cord is for my main desktop).

Hey, that system looks really familiar. 🤣

Reply 26791 of 52354, by dickkickem

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ozzuneoj wrote:
dickkickem wrote:

Hey, that system looks really familiar. 🤣

WHOA AYYYYY

DOS game collection
YouTube
Instagram

My vintage rigs:
Fujitsu Lifebook E330 - Working w/ Win95
Fujitsu Lifebook C352 - Nonworking 🙁
HP Pavilion A520N - Working w/ WinXP
AST Ascentia M 5260X - Working w/ WinME
IBM ThinkPad 770 - Working w/ Win2K

Reply 26792 of 52354, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keenerb wrote:
Not exactly hardware, but I'm delighted with this find. […]
Show full quote

diskette1.jpg

It's the cutest little monitor you've ever seen!

But wait, what's this???

diskette2.jpg

A floppy disk case! How charming!

I got one of those things for Christmas way back when I was kid. Still contains a number of important backup floppies which haven't seen the light of day in years. I really should check those things to see if they still work (contents is backed up safely else where so its a low priority).

Reply 26793 of 52354, by Katmai500

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ozzuneoj wrote:
After not getting a lot of vintage hardware for a while, I've found a ton of stuff lately. Haven't even had to pay that much for […]
Show full quote

After not getting a lot of vintage hardware for a while, I've found a ton of stuff lately. Haven't even had to pay that much for any of these.

From one lot:
4x Jaton TNT2 M64 32MB PCI (early nvidia PCI cards are getting scarce... this was a great find!)
2x Pentium Overdrive PODP5V83 (couldn't believe it when I realized which ones these were... all the pins are intact after some straightening too... 😲 )
Geforce 3 Ti 500 (several broken SMD parts on the back... probably fixable but would require a lot of research)
S3 Savage IX
Ensoniq Voodoo Banshee AGP
AccelGraphics Permedia II 8MB

From other lots:
ESS AudioDrive ES1869F + ES689F with ES981P 1MB Wavetable
CT2770
STB Horizon Cirrus Logic GD5426 2MB VLB VGA
Hercules VL Bus Dynamite Tseng ET4000W32p 2MB VLB VGA
SoundBlaster AWE64
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Voodoo 5 5500 PCI (damaged... looks like someone tried to pry one of the VSA-100 chips off the board... really really sad, might make a thread about this one... at least they included the heatsinks)
Reveal Sound FX RV82C929KT with 1MB Crystal Wavetable (I think this is called the FX Wave... not 100% sure)
2x Ensoniq Soundscape Opus with 1MB Wavetable
Diamond Monster 3D II Voodoo 2 8MB (has a broken cap on the back, should be an easy fix... has 100Mhz RAM)

Wow nice score! Those PODP5V83's are getting hard to find lately. I have that exact GeForce 3 Ti 500 card in working condition if you need any close-up pictures of the back for part numbers, depending on the components you need. The SMD capacitors aren't labeled. 😢

Reply 26794 of 52354, by Katmai500

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got a few good pickups over the past month.

Medion GeForce 4 MX 460
eVGA GeForce FX 5900 XT
Diamond V770 TNT2 Ultra
Matrox G400MAX (Dell)
ASUS V6600 GeForce 256 SGRAM (not working 😢 )
ELSA Erazor X2 GeForce DDR
Pentium III 450 - really early Week 6, 1999 date code with no Pentium III logo on the front

Jan2019_pickups.JPG
Filename
Jan2019_pickups.JPG
File size
576.66 KiB
Views
File license

I also got to hear an SC-55 in person for the first time. I finally decided to buy one and found a boxed Soundblaster MIDI cable to go with it. I hooked it up to a CT2230 SB16 in my Pentium MMX 233 box. Doom E1M1 and Duke Nukem 3D never sounded so good. 😎

sc-55_midi.jpg
Filename
sc-55_midi.jpg
File size
232.51 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 26795 of 52354, by doaks80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The twins arrived:

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    Filename
    DSC_0021.jpg
    File size
    1.7 MiB
    Views
    File license

k6-3+ 400 / s3 virge DX+voodoo1 / awe32(32mb)
via c3 866 / s3 savage4+voodoo2 sli / audigy1+awe64(8mb)
athlon xp 3200+ / voodoo5 5500 / diamond mx300
pentium4 3400 / geforce fx5950U / audigy2 ZS
core2duo E8500 / radeon HD5850 / x-fi titanium

Reply 26796 of 52354, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Katmai500 wrote:

Wow nice score! Those PODP5V83's are getting hard to find lately. I have that exact GeForce 3 Ti 500 card in working condition if you need any close-up pictures of the back for part numbers, depending on the components you need. The SMD capacitors aren't labeled. 😢

Thanks for the offer! I could definitely use some close ups of the back of the board. If you could take some pics of the back that are clear enough to read the values on resistors and such, I'd appreciate it. Two to four high res shots would probably be sufficient.

By the way, you had some nice finds there as well! I really like the high end TNT2 and Geforce 256 cards. Reminds me of going to Electronics Boutique back in 1999-2000 and seeing them on the shelf with huge price tags on them when I was still rocking an integrated Velocity 128 or Voodoo 3 2000. 😀

Reply 26797 of 52354, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anybody able to identify this IBM monster?
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/a … 568121-228-1090
Not far away from me, but not the kind of things I am collecting. But always afraid people are going to dump it if nobody is interested....

Reply 26798 of 52354, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Two chip pullers (one for square and one for rectangular chips), a keycap puller and then this 4.55gb 7200rpm SCSI disk. (sellers picture)

SCSI.jpg
Filename
SCSI.jpg
File size
390.14 KiB
Views
File license

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011