VOGONS

First post, by tizzdizz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally found a picture of the case I had for a K5/133 computer I received as a 16th Birthday present. My case was a bit shorter, but same everything else. I have been looking for an example of this for a long time. Does anyone know the manufacturer, or better yet, does anyone have one they'd part with?

IMG_4467.PNG
Filename
IMG_4467.PNG
File size
1.05 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 11, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have one exactly like the one in your picture. It is currently holding a complete working system (GA-586HX, Pentium MMX, S3 Virge, CT2940... nice system!) and was given to me this way a while back. I've been intending to use it to house a 486 of some kind since it is the only case I have that has a turbo display. I've looked all over it and I can't find a brand name. Mine has an "ATS COMPUTER" badge on the front. I'll let you know if I find any other markings on it.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 2 of 11, by SSTV2

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never seen before a tower version of this case. It has no visible manufacturer identification imprint on the outside or the inside, except for the PC assembler badge, it's probably a cheap no-brand case. I'll give it a better look tomorrow.

Attachments

• case_0.jpg
    Filename
    case_0.jpg
    File size
    1.91 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 3 of 11, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Used to have one of these; same basic front-panel design and triple 5.25" bays, but shorter and waaaay less yellowed. Don't remember seeing anything pointing to the manufacturer anywhere on it.

Reply 6 of 11, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nope! I'm the same way. This one is my grail...

IMG_5431.JPG
Filename
IMG_5431.JPG
File size
74.72 KiB
Views
File license

Ridiculous no-name case made of Chinese death metal. And I love it so much. 🤣 😊 Can't wait to find one.

Reply 8 of 11, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I always keep my eyes open for the case I used for the first PC I built myself in 2000. I've seen lots of cases with a similar style but none exactly like it so I don't even have pictures. It was a basic beige case with a basic looking bezel but the bezel had a two tone blue/teal stripe that ran across the bottom and up one side.

Last edited by Ozzuneoj on 2019-01-12, 16:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 9 of 11, by SSTV2

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess you are after the midi-tower version, but the mini-tower, in fact, has its front panel model written on the inside. The metal case itself is generic, I think you could just mount front panel on any other generic midi-tower AT case, if you happened to find it. Good luck!

case_1.jpg
Filename
case_1.jpg
File size
1.39 MiB
Views
File license
case_2.jpg
Filename
case_2.jpg
File size
1.77 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 10 of 11, by tizzdizz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks a lot for the pictures guys. I actually had the minitower that you've pictured. Sounds like maybe that was a bit more common. I would be willing to trade a system for one if anyone was ever interested. But at least now I have reference material! It was a pretty awesome 16th birthday gift. It was an AMD K5 133 with 16 megs of ram, a 1 meg video card, and a I think it had a 28.8 modem, off-brand sound card. Sure beat the snot out of my brother's 486-66. I couldn't believe how fast it would display my files when I'd hit dir in DOS.

Reply 11 of 11, by jdgabard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the same desires. I currently have a case nearly identical to the one I had with my K6-2 build when I was a teen. I bought it new in the box, and even ordered a spare. Always wanted a Baby-AT case, because I haven’t had one since the early 90s. Sadly, few and far between in my area of the US.