VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 801 of 1111, by roshiahito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

By the way, are you sure it is not possible at all to add support for software vertex processing to dgvoodoo2?
I know it's very complicated to implement it properly, but Wine somehow workarounded that (https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39057), and it would be very useful to have in dgvoodoo2 D3D9 as apparently Microsoft broke/discontinued that feature in the some Windows 10 update, so the games that utilize that (including Sims 2) no longer work. I mean, the main goal with dgvoodoo2 is to make old games work nice again, right?

Reply 802 of 1111, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Seabass fishing fullscreen / window resizing not working, and corrupt palette when forcing 256 colors (if you don't do that, the game refuses to start), maybe that's because it's an ancient win95 / directx 2 (!) game. I found a workaround for the palette problem: start the game by forcing 256 mode and then going to monitor settings and restoring 32bit colors. Plus I suggest to add some compatibility modes (like force 256 colors) to dgvoodoo2, in order to avoid to add boring compatibility flags to every old game executable and having to do that with dgvoodooCPL too.

Update: another ancient peculiar case like Wargods. The game uses direct3d for fishing sessions only (optional), all the rest is (most probably) directdraw and the window resolution is not resizable 320x240. Dgvoodoo2 correctly run (you can see the dgvoodoo2 watermark) but it cannot force fullscreen or different size window. If you enable fullscreen option (F4), the direct3d parts run abysmally slow.

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 804 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

EYE: Divine Cybermancy, a game which requires, at minimum, a SM2.x card, shows a blank screen at the main menu when using WIP55.1. The menu works, but I can't see any of the options.

Attached is the debug log.

Attachments

• Filename
    dgvodoo2wip55.1_eye.txt
    File size
    742.98 KiB
    Downloads
    81 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 805 of 1111, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Suffering still crashes when trying to run in fullscreen mode. It crashes in SetGammaRamp method, but if the gamma setting function is skipped, it crashes somewhere else.

TheSuffering_CrashDumps.zip

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 806 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thx, The Suffering and EYE is fixed.

Myloch wrote:

Seabass fishing fullscreen / window resizing not working, and corrupt palette when forcing 256 colors (if you don't do that, the game refuses to start), maybe that's because it's an ancient win95 / directx 2 (!) game. I found a workaround for the palette problem: start the game by forcing 256 mode and then going to monitor settings and restoring 32bit colors. Plus I suggest to add some compatibility modes (like force 256 colors) to dgvoodoo2, in order to avoid to add boring compatibility flags to every old game executable and having to do that with dgvoodooCPL too.
direct3d parts run abysmally slow.

Windows 7?
On Win10, setting the desktop display bit depth is virtual, desktop remains at 32bpp physically but the value set is reported to the application.
dgVoodoo reports the same that is currently set through the compat option.

Reply 810 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good 😀

Wanne report KOTT 2 Knights of the Temple 2 crashing DGVoodoo2 WIP 55 in an endless soundloop and black screen on start.
Game seems to be DX9 shader model 1.1, a few relevant debug lines see attached (the last line repeats itself forever)

EDIT

When deleting videos the game will start, but once entering the tutorial i end up in a "White Screen" with the following debug message:

[4632] [dgVoodoo] ERROR: Direct3DDevice9 (05816FD8): Draw*: Bounds of the current scissor rect is invalid for the current rendertarget and scissor test is enabled.
-repeating itself

Attachments

• Filename
    kott2.txt
    File size
    1.58 KiB
    Downloads
    68 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by RJ8 on 2019-01-12, 21:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 811 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RJ8 wrote:

The first WIP55 link is broken
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP55.zip

I had to remove that because yesterday I got the usual, outstanding mail from one of my beloved companies, namely Google, my good old **** pet peeve in my ass, that my site is infected and... blabla. 😠 😠 😠 😵

Reply 814 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Glurak wrote:

Dune 2000 dont work really. Mouse Issues rendering issues etc.

When i try it with a fan patch and DGvoodoo it workd but keeping Aspect ratio is extremly broken.

Works fine here.

Remember that Dune 2000 is a 640x400/4:3 game and dgVoodoo2's keep aspect ratio doesn't account for non-square pixel aspect ratios, that's why there's an option specifically to force 4:3.

Also remember that Dune 2000 works very well with other wrappers (cnc-ddraw, DXGL and DxWnd).

Reply 816 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Planet Alcatraz (Steam version) crashes when attempting to play the intro videos when using WIP51.1

The hefty debug log, detailing multiple attempts to run the game, is attached.

Attachments

Reply 817 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A new WIP:

=========================
WIP56:
=========================

- D3D9 query issuing bug + a D3D9 object handling bug, fixed (UT3)
- Missing dithering on 16 bit surfaces in all D3D versions, fixed (regression bug)
- Support for vertex element types UDEC3/DEC3N for sw/virtual sw vertex processing (Spore)
- vs_2_x validation/code generation bug, fixed (Starship Troopers, UT3)
- Some bugs found in FF sw vertex processing, fixed
- Bug of drawing to SRGB rendertargets, fixed (EYE)
- Adding an implementation of Direct3DShaderValidator9 object (Bad Day LA)
- Enabling D3DFVF_XYZW for vs input (Boiling Point: Roadway to Hell)
- Incompatibility in D3D8/9 Set/Get/Free private resource data, fixed (Dreamfall - The Longest Journey)
- Fixing D3D9 SetDialogBoxMode (Dragonshard)
- D3D9 init bug, fixed (The Suffering)
- Incompatibility of validating lock flags for non-dynamic surfaces, fixed (Knights Of the Temple 2)
- Incompatibility of handling default scissor rect, fixed (Knights Of the Temple 2)
- Bug in validating texture creating parameters and return values, fixed (Kohan II Kings of War Warchest)
- Some D3D8/9 multithreading bugs are found, fixed
- Some other minor internal bugs/leaks are fixed

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP56.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP56_dbg.zip

Some notes on some games:
- Knights Of the Temple 2: Must be run with v-sync forced or the game is implayably fast
- Spore: This game checks against all the possible pixel shader versions; however it checks against 2.61 ( 😕 ) instead of 2.1
a little patch until dgVoodoo is at level 2.1 if someone is interested: http://dege.fw.hu/temp/Spore.zip
- Planet Alcatraz: This game loads both dgVoodoo D3D9 and MS D3D9. I guess they are used simultaneously which causes memory corruption.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Shadows are indeed have glitches when resolution is forced (they are OK with default settings);
I tried if setting option 'DirectXExt\RTTexturesForceScaleAndMSAA' to false helps but unfortunately it didn't; the debug layer dumped tons of messages about detected mismatching textures.
It's a pity because this game is hardwired to a fixed resolution.

Forgot to say: I didn't yet fixed all problems that have been reported. Please keep in mind that I'm focusing on correct D3D9 rendering for the time being.

Reply 818 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

UT3 is working but the road to the correct rendering is long 😁

1) snow texture (shader?) not showing (see the mountain rocks)
2) some textures are highlighted (see the belt)
3) some textures (shaders?) are missing (see the shock rifle bar)

dgVoodoo
dgv.jpg

MS
ms.jpg

Reply 819 of 1111, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dege wrote:
RJ8 wrote:

The first WIP55 link is broken
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP55.zip

I had to remove that because yesterday I got the usual, outstanding mail from one of my beloved companies, namely Google, my good old **** pet peeve in my ass, that my site is infected and... blabla. 😠 😠 😠 😵

Would compressing multiple times using different formats or renaming to a .txt extension fix that?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline