VOGONS

First post, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Microsoft Direct3D team office has walls with collection of cards tested by them. And looks like its place with very high amount of rare seen prototypes. Its covered in this small article with very low quality and quantity of photos....
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/directx/2019 … of-gpu-history/
For me are interesting photos of Microsoft Talisman project (never seen real HW) and Pyramid 3D. But if you look at 5th photo, you will see more interesting cards under 1996 year sign and atomic circles. Something long with dual vga and 3 main chips is hiding there. And 2 rows under it something else short with orange maybe memory modules.....
So, main question is, who knows someone working there or preparing visit them - supply that guy with camera and instructions to skip taking photos of common ATI cards. So many hidden gems might be there.....

Attachments

• P1020389.jpg
    Filename
    P1020389.jpg
    File size
    105 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by vlask on 2019-01-16, 09:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 2 of 11, by doaks80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow that is cool. I wonder what the MS Office division has stuck on the wall.

k6-3+ 400 / s3 virge DX+voodoo1 / awe32(32mb)
via c3 866 / s3 savage4+voodoo2 sli / audigy1+awe64(8mb)
athlon xp 3200+ / voodoo5 5500 / diamond mx300
pentium4 3400 / geforce fx5950U / audigy2 ZS
core2duo E8500 / radeon HD5850 / x-fi titanium

Reply 3 of 11, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
doaks80 wrote:

Wow that is cool. I wonder what the MS Office division has stuck on the wall.

Probably paper clips

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 7 of 11, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can predict a scene of some French guy "upgrading" those boards with plumber's putty so he can LN2 overclock them.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 8 of 11, by Mr. horse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gdjacobs wrote:

I can predict a scene of some French guy "upgrading" those boards with plumber's putty so he can LN2 overclock them.

His hwbot acount says he's from senegal. But I been told he's french too.

No sir I don't like it!

Reply 11 of 11, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vlask wrote:
Microsoft Direct3D team office has walls with collection of cards tested by them. And looks like its place with very high amount […]
Show full quote

Microsoft Direct3D team office has walls with collection of cards tested by them. And looks like its place with very high amount of rare seen prototypes. Its covered in this small article with very low quality and quantity of photos....
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/directx/2019 … of-gpu-history/
For me are interesting photos of Microsoft Talisman project (never seen real HW) and Pyramid 3D. But if you look at 5th photo, you will see more interesting cards under 1996 year sign and atomic circles. Something long with dual vga and 3 main chips is hiding there. And 2 rows under it something else short with orange maybe memory modules.....
So, main question is, who knows someone working there or preparing visit them - supply that guy with camera and instructions to skip taking photos of common ATI cards. So many hidden gems might be there.....

That is awesome! 😁

I wonder if there's a full list of all the cards there. Or better quality pics 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!