VOGONS

First post, by Ri0tg3ar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I picked up an aopen aw744l II PCI sound card for my dos build sound works fine however I cannot get the gameport to work with joysticks in windows or dos.The gameport is detected in windows but i cant seem to get it to see my joysticks,I have 5 and they all work on a usb to gameport i use on my windows 10 pc. Am I missing something? Does it just work for midi?

Reply 1 of 4, by j^aws

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ri0tg3ar wrote:

So I picked up an aopen aw744l II PCI sound card for my dos build sound works fine however I cannot get the gameport to work with joysticks in windows or dos.The gameport is detected in windows but i cant seem to get it to see my joysticks,I have 5 and they all work on a usb to gameport i use on my windows 10 pc. Am I missing something? Does it just work for midi?

I've never tested it, but its manual definitely refers to the joystick port, so not just for MIDI.

Reply 2 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is it the only card with a gameport installed in your system?

It should definitely work with joysticks.

What are the rest of the specs for that system?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 4, by ibmapc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have you installed all of the drivers for the card? When the windows driver is installed, you will need to activate the game port. You may need to remove any other game port driver that may have been previously installed before installing the YMF744 driver. Also, there is a separate utility to set it up for DOS. I think it's called Real_Dos, or something like it.

Reply 4 of 4, by Ri0tg3ar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes i have all of the drivers installed like i said sound works fine both in windows and dos I will try enabling the gameport in windows and see if thats what it was. A seperate utility for the gameport? is it different than the dsdma/setupds?