Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 27200 of 52338, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Baoran wrote:

I bought a cheap tseng et4000ax ISA card from ebay which has not arrived, but there is something strange. I checked the shipment tracking and it has just arrived to my country. Main thing that worries me is that measurements of the package 16cm x 41cm x 13cm and weight of the package is 5Kg. I have no idea what I will be getting when I am suppose to get a small ISA card but package weights 5Kg...

In my experience, sometimes the weight is set at the top of the weight category of the shipping company if/when the package has not been weighed (yet).

1982 to 2001

Reply 27201 of 52338, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cyrix200+ wrote:
Baoran wrote:

I bought a cheap tseng et4000ax ISA card from ebay which has not arrived, but there is something strange. I checked the shipment tracking and it has just arrived to my country. Main thing that worries me is that measurements of the package 16cm x 41cm x 13cm and weight of the package is 5Kg. I have no idea what I will be getting when I am suppose to get a small ISA card but package weights 5Kg...

In my experience, sometimes the weight is set at the top of the weight category of the shipping company if/when the package has not been weighed (yet).

I have noticed that tooin the past but usually when it arrives to Finland the measurements and weight have been corrected and have been correct when checked tracking from Finnish postal service.

Reply 27202 of 52338, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Baoran wrote:
Cyrix200+ wrote:
Baoran wrote:

I have noticed that tooin the past but usually when it arrives to Finland the measurements and weight have been corrected and have been correct when checked tracking from Finnish postal service.

Well these cards used to come with hefty manuals 🤣 Guess you'll find out soon enough.

Retro game fanatic.
IBM PS1 386SX25 - 4MB
IBM Aptiva 486SX33 - 8MB - 2GB CF - SB16
IBM PC350 P233MMX - 64MB - 32GB SSD - AWE64 - Voodoo2
PIII600 - 320MB - 480GB SSD - SB Live! - GF4 Ti 4200
i5-2500k - 3GB - SB Audigy 2 - HD 4870

Reply 27203 of 52338, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Predator99 wrote:

Monitoring auctions since about 2 years now, but never spotted one. And then this 😲 Now its mine..mine...mine, but without mobiles and spoons 😎

What happens when you eat, but don't open your mouth.

gold_in_them_hills.jpg
Filename
gold_in_them_hills.jpg
File size
95.43 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 27204 of 52338, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:
Predator99 wrote:

Monitoring auctions since about 2 years now, but never spotted one. And then this 😲 Now its mine..mine...mine, but without mobiles and spoons 😎

The attachment gold_in_them_hills.jpg is no longer available

...and you have a steel jaw.

Still, I don't think that Adlib will fit that laptop motherboard that's also included. 🤣

In other news, received these four today:

falcom midi 3 cd set.jpg
Filename
falcom midi 3 cd set.jpg
File size
99.49 KiB
Views
File license
tokimemo midi col.jpg
Filename
tokimemo midi col.jpg
File size
310.29 KiB
Views
File license

(those contain MIDI files and also real CD tracks etc.)

The Falcom discs were described as "scratched", but in fact are pretty much perfect... 😎

Reply 27205 of 52338, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote:
Predator99 wrote:

gold_in_them_hills.jpg

Lool...didnt notice that 🤣 🤣 🤣

As said, dont get the spoons. Made the seller a offer for the ISA cards only where he could not say "no". Knowing that an Adlib is sold for around 200€ I still made a very good deal.

Reply 27206 of 52338, by rick6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just bought this Geforce 2MX for 25€

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphics-card-PCI-cr … &orig_cvip=true

I always wanted a Geforce 2 PCI for my amd-k6 back in 2000 that had no AGP. They were and still are so expensive. This one wasn't cheap either, but by far the cheapest one till now. Since i still have both the cpu and motherboard still around, it's time to make it happen 😀

Last edited by rick6 on 2019-02-11, 22:27. Edited 1 time in total.

My 2001 gaming beast in all it's "Pentium 4 Williamate" Glory!

Reply 27207 of 52338, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
yawetaG wrote:

[snip]

Duuuude... I'm jealous! Love those old MIDI CDs. If most of those weren't on the internet, I'd be deep in debt from buying them 🤣

...hm, that Tokimeki one isn't on the net. there goes my wallet

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 27208 of 52338, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finally, a Slot A motherboard and CPU!

Gigabyte-GA-7-VX.jpg AMD-Athlon-800-B.jpg AMD-Athlon-XP-2500.jpg

I also grabbed the following as a freebie bonus:

ASUS-AGP-V6600-32-M-TVR-Ge-Force-256-DDR.jpg

Yeah, a GeForce 256 DDR VIVO, my second GeForce 256 DDR. I'm starting to accumulate a lot of things I want to trade, what is a good website to trade away hardware in Europe relatively safely? Should I just hit Amibay?

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 27209 of 52338, by Bj0rn83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Today i found this at my local thrift store, a brand new BTC-53 keyboard

Attachments

Asus p3v133 | P533mhz | AWE64 | MT-32 | SC-55 |MU80

Reply 27210 of 52338, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Predator99 wrote:

Very nice! I think that sounds blaster 16 has an ASP chip in it's socket too. That's fairly uncommon.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 27211 of 52338, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Ozzuneoj wrote:
Predator99 wrote:

Very nice! I think that sounds blaster 16 has an ASP chip in it's socket too. That's fairly uncommon.

Oh shit, you're right. Good eye!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 27212 of 52338, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Baoran wrote:

The card just arrived. The measurements were correct, but weight was not. It was the worst packaged thing I have ever bought from ebay. There was a lot of empty space inside the box and just little bit of bubblewrap and newspaper and the card was not even properly wrapped in anything. The card was basically allowed freely to move inside the box. That wasn't even the worst thing... one end of the box was fully open when it arrived, I was just able to put my hand inside the box and pull everything out. I was surprised there was anything left inside the box when it arrived. Even if the card by some miracle works when I will test it, I am going to have to give negative feedback to the seller.

machtseng.jpg
Filename
machtseng.jpg
File size
1.9 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 27213 of 52338, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ouch, man. Looks like the card is intact. If it doesn't work, ask for a refund.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 27214 of 52338, by koreq

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bought these two for 0.30$ each. I think it might be from 90s. Not very rare, but it's factory new, sealed, last two in store.

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    Filename
    mic.jpg
    File size
    526.87 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 27215 of 52338, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My grandpa had one of those for his IBM Aptiva back in the 1990's and still has it. I have one myself for my Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum card that came as a bundle.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 27217 of 52338, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
n0m4d wrote:

I found this one, tseng et4000ax

Ouch! Looks like the BIOS got ripped out as the chip socket is torn apart. Looks like a video capture/overlay board of some sort much like the Cardinal SNAPplus (which also used the Tseng ET4000AX, but was ISA only) or Hercules Graphics Station. My best guess.

Reply 27219 of 52338, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
n0m4d wrote:

I have a few of those. TV tuner with capture inputs plus 2MB ET4000.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software