VOGONS

First post, by slaynmage

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greeting folks! Been lurking here for a little while and finally made an account.

I have an old Compaq Deskpro 486/33m that I've been working on and restoring. It has a built in audio board on the i/o module with an analog devices sound chip on board. I've managed to get the sound working through the internal speaker in windows 3.11 and I'm still working on getting dos audio working but what I can't figure out is how one would get audio out of this machine for your computer speakers.

There's an 8-pin mini din connector on the back labelled with a music symbol and a microphone jack next to it. I can't find any information online at all about this 8-pin mini din port. The original cables don't exist anywhere and I can't find any information on the pin-outs so I can't even attempt to make a break-out cable because I'm ignorant to the pin-outs. Has anybody around here ever seen one of these before or know anything about them?

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by Scraphoarder

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very odd connector, but its Compaq as usual. Found the spare part numbers from the VCFED forum:

Audio Speaker Cable 129445-001
External Audio Adapter Cable 129444-001

Tried finding pictures of them, but no luck.

LINE OUT Mini-DIN-8
tip 4
ring 5
shield shield

SPEAKER OUT
tip 1
ring 2
shield shield

LINE IN LEFT
center 6
shield shield

LINE IN RIGHT