Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1440 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wiretap wrote:
Uploaded HQ scans of the 5.25" disks and manual. It should show up there soon, whenever they approve it. In the mean time, here […]
Show full quote
liqmat wrote:
Reminds me of the mint copy of Krusty's Super Fun House for the PC I found and submitted the DOS version to Moby Games. Here is […]
Show full quote

Reminds me of the mint copy of Krusty's Super Fun House for the PC I found and submitted the DOS version to Moby Games. Here is my submission:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/krustys-super- … CoverId,445321/

I noticed Moby Games does not have scans of the 5¼" floppies nor the manual for the DOS version of your game under cover art. Would you mind scanning and submitting? Thanks.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/simpsons/cover-art

Uploaded HQ scans of the 5.25" disks and manual. It should show up there soon, whenever they approve it. In the mean time, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/M6iHbe3

Also, looks like someone has a copy up on Ebay, without manual/supplements, and the box is damaged. (3.5" version)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Simpsons-Arcade-Game … cL4R~:rk:1:pf:0

Great. Thanks for doing that. They just want the front and backs of documents and sometimes the inside if it is a fold-out.

Reply 1447 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found this Commodore 64 game on a dusty shelf in an old vintage hardware store today. Possibly unused, but unfortunately the old price tag has merged with the box. No getting it off without damaging the box. Picked it up for $5.

front.jpg
Filename
front.jpg
File size
1.06 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
back.jpg
Filename
back.jpg
File size
1.03 MiB
Views
File license
spread.jpg
Filename
spread.jpg
File size
1.06 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1448 of 1908, by Synthoridity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
badmojo wrote:

8 bucks! Was that a typo? Did you mean 180 bucks?

Heh, that Manaccom Wolfenstein 3D CD box in particular is one I've wanted for a long time, but it seems to be extremely rare. I never thought one would end up in an op shop. I was incredibly surprised.

The Value Plus ROTT Dark War also seems to be rare as the only image I ever saw of it was a cover scan on MobyGames. It's a budget release, but it's still a ROTT big box so I had to get it. 😀

I'm leaving the price stickers on the boxes, including the Harvey Norman one on Manhattan Project, as I don't want to risk damaging the boxes. They seem to have been stuck on there for a while, and I have no idea what, say, lighter fluid (which I don't have anyway) would do to the boxes, especially since MP's outer box cardboard is thick and glossy while the other two games' boxes are made of very thin cardboard (not counting the sturdy inner cardboard supports).

Last edited by Synthoridity on 2019-02-25, 06:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1449 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't particularly get bothered by budget releases; as long as the box contents are the same (documents, maps, etc.) I tend to buy them regardless. Things are rare enough as they are.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1450 of 1908, by Synthoridity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thrift store again. AU $10.

2019-02-26 - games.JPG
Filename
2019-02-26 - games.JPG
File size
1.43 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1452 of 1908, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought Metro Exodus today...on Epic store...not that it's vintage and a cool physical edition but I am looking forward to seeing the raytracing implementation.

Reply 1453 of 1908, by Duouk2000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Planet X3 arrived along with Planet X2 (I forgot you got X2 as a bonus!).

20190303-123342.jpg

You get some nice goodies inside. The sticker got bent but no big deal. You could get this on either a 5.25" or 3.5" floppy but since my 5.25 drive needs some repairs I decided to go for a 3.5" floppy.
20190303-123541.jpg

The manual is really nice and detailed. I wish I had a setup capable of running cga composite.
20190303-123612.jpg

I don't own a C64 currently and I'm not sure how well X2 would actually run on it since I'm assuming it's NTSC but it'll be interesting to find out.
20190303-123743.jpg

The VGA mode looks really nice.
20190303-124436.jpg

Reply 1454 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This game sure came a long way since he first showed it off.. How does it play, though?

Reply 1455 of 1908, by Duouk2000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
appiah4 wrote:

This game sure came a long way since he first showed it off.. How does it play, though?

I didn't have a chance to test it much today (I really wanted to see it running on my Amstrad PC2086 via VGA) but I should be able to give it some time after work tomorrow 😀

Reply 1456 of 1908, by krcroft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Duouk2000 wrote:
Planet X3 arrived along with Planet X2 (I forgot you got X2 as a bonus!). […]
Show full quote

Planet X3 arrived along with Planet X2 (I forgot you got X2 as a bonus!).

20190303-123342.jpg

Nice cover and I appreciate the authentic system requirements sticker!

I've been following the Roland/SC-55 track developer(s) on youtube: https://youtube.com/watch?v=SVlUM2ggN_k

But the sticker only shows support for the PC beeper, Tandy, and Adlib... no Roland/MIDI.

What happened?

Reply 1458 of 1908, by Duouk2000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
krcroft wrote:
Nice cover and I appreciate the authentic system requirements sticker! […]
Show full quote

Nice cover and I appreciate the authentic system requirements sticker!

I've been following the Roland/SC-55 track developer(s) on youtube: https://youtube.com/watch?v=SVlUM2ggN_k

But the sticker only shows support for the PC beeper, Tandy, and Adlib... no Roland/MIDI.

What happened?

I'm not sure tbh, perhaps it got cut to meet deadlines (and I have to say, it's nice to see a kickstarter run so smoothly and on time). Hopefully they patch it in at a later date.

It's definitely Speaker, Tandy and Adlib only ingame currently.

infiniteclouds wrote:

Since the kickstarter has long been funded -- will these be for sale on his website anytime soon? I don't see them up there.

I couldn't say tbh, he still has X2 on his website but no X3. I don't know how production of these things work but I assume he'll have made a minimum order that results in at least some spare copies at the end. I think right now he's just trying to get the Kickstarter copies out of the door.

Reply 1459 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got this for about $12. Budget release, but I don't care. Amiga software is so hard to come by where I live, if I find it I buy it.

Amiga-Populous.jpg