VOGONS

First post, by derpmochump

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI I need wickedGL drivers that don't say 'beta' or 'demo' and have that annoying wickedGL icon in the top right of the screen when playing the game.

I failed and could only find beta/demo versions.

Could anyone be so kind to link me registered/retail version of the best wickedGL drivers please?

Thx..

MSI MS-6734 KM3M mobo / Athlon XP 3000+ /512mb ddr1 ram
Voodoo 3 3000 PCI @185mhz / Aureal vortex 2 (dell oem)
3dfx ref. drivers win98se and dual boot with winXP-32 bit running amigasport 3.0 3dfx drivers oc'd with koolsmokey's V.Control in XP

Reply 1 of 7, by derpmochump

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

anyone?

3dfx ref. drivers win98se and dual boot with winXP-32 bit running amigasport 3.0 3dfx drivers oc'd with koolsmokey's V.Control in XP

Reply 3 of 7, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

IIRC, this is the only way to play the final version of Daikatana on a Voodoo2. It looks awful though. I don't understand why Voodoo support was removed from the game?

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 4 of 7, by derpmochump

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote:

hi, those are all 'demo' versions though, where can i get a version that doesn't bug me or show annoying logo?

Reply 5 of 7, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know where're you looking, but registered versions are also there. Logo will go away after few seconds in registered version.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 6 of 7, by mzry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Errius wrote:

IIRC, this is the only way to play the final version of Daikatana on a Voodoo2. It looks awful though. I don't understand why Voodoo support was removed from the game?

There are two other amazingly capable opengl drivers for voodoo2: Mesa and also the Sage drivers. Both available on 3dfx.it. Have you tried these for Daikatana?

Reply 7 of 7, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

amazingly capable opengl drivers

They are useful to run more modern OpenGL games like CoD on 3dfx cards, but are horrible CPU hogs. Sage is also unfinished and has some issues. Both won't help to run Daikatana smoothly.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.