VOGONS

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
i trying to make work Unreal Tournament Demo (weaopons are better for me than in full version) in Windows 98 with Geforce 6600 GT and 81.98 drivers.. Quake III is working fine with OpenGL, Unreal Tournament Demo is working fine with Direct3D and Glide (nglide 2), but when i try OpenGL i get game starting crash. It is working on Nvidias with Windows 98, it there some fix etc?

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 1 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You realize that this forum is for old Windows games on *modern* systems. Marvin is for old systems/OSs.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 7, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I not usually post here.. so move it if you can. We need better descriptions, because there was only:
Getting old Windows games working.

And that even my post match..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 5 of 7, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

The UT demo has a broken OpenGL backend. It's very old and the demo predates the core changes that would make Donhal's OpenGLDrv replacement work.

Oh, I see. I was just chiming in because as far as I am concerned 81.98 in basically unusable.

Reply 7 of 7, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

UnrealED is too much work, unless someone will make mod instead of me.. Otherwise i tried patched OpenglDrv(124KB) for full game version, there are some errrors during game start and 3D device name in games has wrong name, but otherwise it seems to work.