VOGONS

First post, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
when i go to setup i can't change my Sound FX Card,when i select SoundBlaster it says " sound blaster not responding on selected port",the Music Card works pretty well (sound blaster,general midi) but without the sound fx card i can't load the game,how can i fix that? Why the sound blaster is working only on Music Card and not on Sound FX? My audio driver is a ES1887 Plug and Play AudioDrive,My OP is Win95.

and when i try to save and exit it says "Spawn Error:000"
same error on a virtual machine
28807d7fe1f06f27717230925d49a243.png

all the other games work pretty well like Doom 95,Shadow Warrior and quake but duke seems not working properly

Reply 1 of 8, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"Error opening DUKE3D.CFG: Permission denied"

Are you trying to run the game from a disk that is write protected e.g. a CD-ROM? Or you copied it from a CD and the files are still marked as read-only?

Reply 2 of 8, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jmarsh wrote:

"Error opening DUKE3D.CFG: Permission denied"

Are you trying to run the game from a disk that is write protected e.g. a CD-ROM? Or you copied it from a CD and the files are still marked as read-only?

i copied them from a cd,but in virtual pc the game works well even with this error message

the main problem is the sound blaster not responding on the source port

Reply 3 of 8, by doaks80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Open a command prompt in windows and type "set" then look at the BLASTER line. Make sure the interrupt and dma numbers from that line match what you are putting in setup.exe.

k6-3+ 400 / s3 virge DX+voodoo1 / awe32(32mb)
via c3 866 / s3 savage4+voodoo2 sli / audigy1+awe64(8mb)
athlon xp 3200+ / voodoo5 5500 / diamond mx300
pentium4 3400 / geforce fx5950U / audigy2 ZS
core2duo E8500 / radeon HD5850 / x-fi titanium

Reply 4 of 8, by tpowell.ca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are the files still read-only? Check their attributes to confirm that they all only have their archive bit set at most.

• Merlin: MS-4144, AMD5x86-160 32MB, 16GB CF, ZIP100, Orpheus, GUS, S3 VirgeGX 2MB
    Tesla: GA-6BXC, VIA C3 Ezra-T, 256MB, 120GB SATA, YMF744, GUSpnp, Quadro2
    Newton: K6XV3+/66, AMD K6-III+500, 256MB, 32GB SSD, AWE32, Voodoo3

Reply 6 of 8, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stelth wrote:

The solution to that problem is to reconfigure the game, and that will only work if the DEFAULT.CFG file is writable. Do you understand now?

Reply 7 of 8, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jmarsh wrote:
stelth wrote:

The solution to that problem is to reconfigure the game, and that will only work if the DEFAULT.CFG file is writable. Do you understand now?

ok but how can i make it writable?

the sound now works fine,i reconfigure it with the command set on ms dos to see the parameters of my sound blaster,but when i play the game,after intializing all the gamer.con duke3d.cfg and other things it says multiple errors like "0000" and the program stops to work

Reply 8 of 8, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
tpowell.ca wrote:

Are the files still read-only? Check their attributes to confirm that they all only have their archive bit set at most.

ok i did this but now when i save and load duke nukem it says this error
a6748f9a6e7ead73e76908d1f9e4f201.png

when i load it on my cd it works fine,but when i play the version copied on my desktop it's all a mess