VOGONS

First post, by Groenegel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody,

I've just fitted my rig with an SB 16 which appears to work with all my games... unfortunately not with Wolfenstein 3D: digital effects eventually cease to play, usually after some "fizzing" in the speakers. FM sound is unaffected. Upon leaving the game I notice the card parameters (IRQ, etc) become completely upset (have to re-run autoexec.bat to set them back correctly).

The same problem occurs with Duke 3D (digital effects will play during the intro and then vanish, card parameters upset upon quitting). All the other games I tested would work fine. Had no problems on the same config with my previous card (SB 2.0). If anyone knows of such bugs or has a clue...

Computer is a 486 DX4-100, DOS 6.22 and there's the revision of my SB 16:
1555191138-s-l1000.png

Reply 1 of 3, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does the set blaster line match the setup settings?
What resources is it set to (IRQ/DMA) sounds like it may be conflicting with something else

Reply 3 of 3, by Groenegel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

BLASTER variables are the same I had used with the previous card (IRQ 7, DMA 1, that never caused conflict). HDMA was initially set at 5 as per DIAGNOSE.EXE 's autoscan proposal. Tried other HMDA values and setting it at 7 may have alleviated the problem with Duke3D (had one long session, with proper sound all the way), unfortunately not with Wolf3D.