VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since Wayland is now taking shape in the latest Linux distro with GNOME desktop, just make sure this is being acknowledged. For those who uses open-sourced drivers (Intel, AMDGPU, Nouveau) Wayland will likely be the default X session. So far I have found that arrow keys are completely screwed up on Wayland session. Switching to X11 session will have the issue resolved.

NVIDIA propriety blobs will always use X11 session as of now. I am not following the EGLStream vs GBM in-fighting, so things could have changed on how NVIDIA propriety blobs would eventually support Wayland.

QEMU built with SDL1.2 exhibits exactly the same issue, so this is not specific to DOSBox. QEMU dumped SDL1.2 in the latest 4.0.0 release.

Reply 1 of 4, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kjliew wrote:

So far I have found that arrow keys are completely screwed up on Wayland session. Switching to X11 session will have the issue resolved.

I strongly suspect that this could be related to Waylands' libinput. It breaks a lot of things in xorg's input system like modifier keys, function/special keys, mouse buttons etc.

Reply 2 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I read in a debian bug report that the usescancodes=false might improve the situation with Wayland

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
kjliew wrote:
Qbix wrote:

I read in a debian bug report that the usescancodes=false might improve the situation with Wayland

Thanks! That works, too, without having to fallback to X11 session.

Glad to hear that. Here is the bug report, I was talking about:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=928046

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!