VOGONS

Reply 2120 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's always unfortunate when tools break, especially in the middle of a job, but the delay works perfectly for me. While mulling over the design, a new idea came along, and now I have to try it. That means more routing, and about five designs to eventually send off for production, probably including the one pictured previously. I may have to stick with green/leaded HASL just to keep costs reasonable; maybe red/leaded HASL if it doesn't cost more. After all, it doesn't matter how pretty they are if the first-round prototypes don't even work.

Reply 2121 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some good news, some not so new bad news.
I managed to get some final mileage out of my soldering iron handle and managed to solder 6 InterWaves to their PCBs.

Bad news: That leaves me with 5 boards that still need to have their InterWaves attached.
Any volunteers for soldering them themselves or being fine with recieving their card a few weeks later?

In that case I could mail off the cards once those volunteers are found, to remain fair to everyone.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, this applies only to the current "release candidate" run. By the time the final, full run is gonna take place, I should have my setup working again.

Last edited by shock__ on 2019-05-18, 19:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 2122 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shock__ wrote:

Any volunteers for soldering them themselves or being fine with recieving their card a few weeks later?

I should be able to manage that soldering task for any board(s) that were meant to come my way.

Reply 2124 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Baert wrote:

I don’t know if still possible to get one. But if, I would‘nt have a problem waiting some weeks longer.
Please inform me, thanks!

As mentioned in the first post, this project is currently restricted to contributors and previous donors. Following the first production run, if the project leader decides to make them generally available, he will make it known. There is currently no waiting list or other means of reserving anything.

Reply 2126 of 3172, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm fine with waiting for my board to have the Interwave chip soldered.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2127 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Baert wrote:

Shock promoted the boards elsewhere. I expressed interest but didn‘t get any answer.

That's because the thread answers your question a few times already (additionally the very first post).

EDIT: Thanks cyclone - that's largely appreciated. Only 4 more people to go 😀

[Z?]

Reply 2128 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All those semi-bad news aside, both angled and straight SIMM sockets have now been officially testfitted 😀
https://i.imgur.com/8Tj8m9n.jpg

[Z?]

Reply 2130 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
640K!enough wrote:

Does the upright socket fit without having to snap off the board guides on the revised design?

Yup
There are actually 6 holes, 3 for each configuration, so you don't have to fully rely on the solder joints for strain relief.

[Z?]

Reply 2132 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
640K!enough wrote:

I should be able to manage that soldering task for any board(s) that were meant to come my way.

shock__ wrote:

Only 4 more people to go

As my board is going to 640K!enough, add me to the list 😀

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 2137 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Replacement handle has arrived, InterWaves have been soldered.
In case I don't have your adresses yet or outdated ones, PM me the current one.

Boards will be sent off some time this week then.

[Z?]

Reply 2138 of 3172, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice to hear!

i also almost finished the tandy card so i can start with the opl daugtherboard soon 😀

wish i had much more time to do such things.. 😀

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 2139 of 3172, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Man when this comes out as a fully already done card that I can just order I will definitely be buying one. 😁 I would try and get one from you now but I think I'd fuck it up, my soldering skills and tools leave a bit to be desired. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!