VOGONS

VGA Capture Thread

Topic actions

Reply 680 of 1395, by ShaiWa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
arncht wrote:

i developed an own capture tool for datapath e1s, i can share it, if somebody is interested in.

Is your tool for e1s only or maybe also other Datapath cards?
Got the VisionRGB Pro, stil looking for a good tool for that card.

Reply 682 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Exceed - Heaven Seven (2000) 64k intro 2160p60
Farbrausch - FR-025: The Popular Demo (2003) demo 1080p60
Farbrausch - FR-041: Debris (2007) 177k demo 1080p60
Purple - Den Onde Corporation (1996) demo 2160p60
Purple - Toypusher (1999) demo 2160p60
Condense and Syndrome - Freestyle (2000) demo 2160p60
Maturefurk - Lapsus (2000) demo 2160p60

My little retro computer world
Overdoze of the demoscene

Reply 683 of 1395, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
arncht wrote:

GODDAMN. This has been one of those "what the hell was that thing?!" prods nagging at me for at least 15 years! I had it on my DOS machine back in the day & have been trying to remember what it was ever since. All I remembered was the music ... and the rapping fish. 😜

Thanks for the capture!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 687 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i created a new topic for a (maybe) interesting feature: vga analog output accuracy measuring

Reply 688 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Farbrausch - FR-030: Candytron (2003) 64k intro 2160p60
Astroidea - Mutha (1996) demo 2160p60

Reply 689 of 1395, by Jager

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Foresight Imaging Accustream Express 170
Got this board relatively cheap (less than 100 USD). On paper this looks like a perfect solution - it can capture nearly everything - DVI, HDMI, VGA (RGB & YpBpR) up to 1080p60, PCI-e, Win10 drivers, pass-through. More recent versions of this board have native HDMI, S-Video & Composite inputs, but no pass-through.
Haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but few downsides so far:
Input-lag on capture (maybe half a second, pass-through is ok) - probably true for all capture cards?
Signal auto-detection don't work with resolutions lower than 800x600 - needs to be configured beforehand. Awaiting answer from manufacturer about this.
Blurry image in OBS due to slight resolution mismatch, not sure if it's a driver or OBS fault. Overall WDM driver compatability with software isn't particulary good.

Reply 690 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jager wrote:
Foresight Imaging Accustream Express 170 Got this board relatively cheap (less than 100 USD). On paper this looks like a perfect […]
Show full quote

Foresight Imaging Accustream Express 170
Got this board relatively cheap (less than 100 USD). On paper this looks like a perfect solution - it can capture nearly everything - DVI, HDMI, VGA (RGB & YpBpR) up to 1080p60, PCI-e, Win10 drivers, pass-through. More recent versions of this board have native HDMI, S-Video & Composite inputs, but no pass-through.
Haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but few downsides so far:
Input-lag on capture (maybe half a second, pass-through is ok) - probably true for all capture cards?
Signal auto-detection don't work with resolutions lower than 800x600 - needs to be configured beforehand. Awaiting answer from manufacturer about this.
Blurry image in OBS due to slight resolution mismatch, not sure if it's a driver or OBS fault. Overall WDM driver compatability with software isn't particulary good.

the datapath is usable as a display - later, when I finish with the good usability of my tool - i want to focus to minimize the input lag.

Reply 691 of 1395, by Jager

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
arncht wrote:

the datapath is usable as a display - later, when I finish with the good usability of my tool - i want to focus to minimize the input lag.

They are quite similar hardware-wise, so I think lowest possible input lag might be close enough.
Meanwhile I've got an answer from a tech support regarding auto-detect function. It turned out that the driver just searches through a specific folder for an appropriate preset file and it may choose the wrong one if there is too many files there. On the other hand, this means that you can use your pre-made presets with all neccesary adjustments.

Reply 692 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looks great... but the input lag is very low. It is comparable to a lcd display with analog input.

Reply 693 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

new feature in my tool - override the badly detected modes 😀 i can capture "stupid" modex modes well (640x392, 640x512 etc), with more mode switching.

Chronomatik Tushis - Másfél hét pozícionálás (2000)
Mandula - Dis (1998) demo 2160p60
MovSD - The Family Picnic in G-moll (2001) demo 2160p60
Blasphemy - Louis Lane (1998) demo 2160p60

Reply 695 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3 modes 😀 320x200 640x480 320x256

Dubius - Machines of Madness (1996) demo 2160p60

Reply 698 of 1395, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some is bad, but i always check the input and the output levels. The cables are new cordial cables with allen and heath mixer, every devices are grounded.

But could you show me examples?