VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Onyx Jaguar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So well over a decade ago I threw away all of my PC Game big boxes (huge regret, did it after high school, moving out, etc. etc.). And I have been attempting to get them back. Granted a couple of the games are quite uncommon, especially the boxes (for instance Turok). One of them Alpha Centauri I cannot remember what kind of box it came in, for instance apart of me thinks it is the slip kind that you'd find on old Maxis games but I've never seen that so I think in that case I might be going senile.

But in another case, now I clearly remember this but have not seen this elsewhere ever, was the Max Payne big box. The game came with a DVD style case and mousepad on the inside. However on the front of the big box there was an indentation from the front cover to that inner bit where games often showed lots of screenshots and that jazz, but the indentation was a small picture of the Twin Towers. Now I got this game before 9/11, so I wouldn't be surprised if revisions after omitted that picture. But I haven't been able to find any evidence of this existing. Have I lost my mind, or is this actually out there somewhere just in very low quantities?