VOGONS

Old hardware giveaway thread.

Topic actions

Reply 840 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am starting to clear out all my hardware this summer. I want to clear out all my extra computer case parts at this point. I have a box full of random computer case plastics and a half box full of computer case metals. All goes to the recycle center or trash. I would be glad to give this to anybody who would like it for the price of shipping. Since this will have some weight to it I will probably ship this via Parcelmonkey to keep the shipping as cheap as possible. If you are interested in either box or both drop me a PM and a zip code and I will get you a Parcelmonkey shipping quote. Cheers.

DSC00680.jpg
Filename
DSC00680.jpg
File size
1.12 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I also have five sealed plastic stands for a Gateway E-3200 desktop system so you can stand them up vertically. I am recycling it all in about a week.

Reply 841 of 1217, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow! Someone please grab those. Case parts like these are going to be extremely hard to come by eventually. If I had space, I'd take them.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 842 of 1217, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I really (badly) need a 3.5" bay cover and a floppy drive caddy (I presume, as I can't fit a drive there, something must be missing..) for a Dell Dimension XPS D___ - I don't think you'd fancy digging into that pile to see if there is one, if I would post photo of one? 😊

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 843 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote:

I really (badly) need a 3.5" bay cover and a floppy drive caddy (I presume, as I can't fit a drive there, something must be missing..) for a Dell Dimension XPS D___ - I don't think you'd fancy digging into that pile to see if there is one, if I would post photo of one? 😊

Well post a photo and I'll see. Like I said, in the garbage by this weekend. I posted on Vcfed and here and no takers so far. If you want something from the pile I'll see what I can find.

Reply 844 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just to give you guys an idea of what shipping would cost on the plastics since that would probably be the most desirable box. Parcelmonkey shipping cost via FedEx would be $16.50 from Burlington, Vermont to Miami, Florida. The box is 19x17x11 @ 16lbs from area code 05401.

Reply 845 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Continuing my spring cleaning I now have a pile of mint Adaptec RAID card boxes, documentation, manuals and Adaptec driver & utility CDs. I also have quite a few PCI-X RAID controllers. Some are used and some are new, but all are mint. I have absolutely zero need for PCI-X anything. All you have to cover is shipping. I also ran across quite a few motherboard and network card manuals plus two Creative 24x CD-ROM installation kits which have a manual, driver disk, cables and screws in a factory sealed baggie. I also have a large box of BNC only network cards both ISA and PCI which I hear can be used for XT-IDE BIOS use as long as they have a chip slot for that. This all goes to the dump/recycle center this weekend.

Remember I can ship the docs/manuals via media mail which is cheeeeeaaaaaap.

If there is any interest in any of these items and you have at least 25 posts here at Vogons, say so here and I will post a photo of what you are interested in. NO RESELLERS.

Just found a pile of motherboard and graphics card factory install CDs.

Reply 846 of 1217, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Any pictures?..

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 847 of 1217, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone interested in original Sharp MZ-700 / MZ-800 software on cassette tape? I have BASIC and three game tapes for free.

Reply 848 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
hard1k wrote:

Any pictures?..

Sure. Box-O-NICs. ISA BNC, PCI 10Mbps, PCI 10/100, etc. You have to take the whole box. Free for the price of shipping which will be cheap via Parcelmonkey.

box1.jpg
Filename
box1.jpg
File size
1.04 MiB
Views
File license
box2.jpg
Filename
box2.jpg
File size
1.3 MiB
Views
File license
box3.jpg
Filename
box3.jpg
File size
1.22 MiB
Views
File license
box4.jpg
Filename
box4.jpg
File size
1.83 MiB
Views
File license

Just PM me if you want it. Gets recycled this weekend.

Reply 849 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

PCI-X RAID controllers. Free. You pay shipping. This is just the cards. No manuals or drivers. I am sure you can find those online. One per person so others can have a chance. PM me if interested.

raid001.jpg
Filename
raid001.jpg
File size
1.48 MiB
Views
File license
raid002.jpg
Filename
raid002.jpg
File size
1.75 MiB
Views
File license
raid003.jpg
Filename
raid003.jpg
File size
1.75 MiB
Views
File license
raid004.jpg
Filename
raid004.jpg
File size
1.01 MiB
Views
File license
raid005.jpg
Filename
raid005.jpg
File size
1.61 MiB
Views
File license

I have the drivers for that Mylex controller BTW. The LSI Logic controller you'll have to hunt for. I am sure it's around. The rest you can download from Adaptec's driver database which is now Microsemi.

Reply 851 of 1217, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd be interested in the box of driver CDs as I work on a preservation project and I would be sure to get them all archived and put on archive.org. Also pack in games, magazine cover disks, etc.

Reply 852 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RoyBatty wrote:

I'd be interested in the box of driver CDs as I work on a preservation project and I would be sure to get them all archived and put on archive.org. Also pack in games, magazine cover disks, etc.

Sounds good. I'll gather what I have.

Reply 853 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All the plastics, PCI-X RAID controllers and network cards are now spoken for. All that's left is the box of case metals and TBH that will probably end up in the dumpster on Friday. It's 11lbs and the chances of anyone finding something useful in it is almost zero. It has metal drive bays, plates, etc.. but you would have to have to know what computer cases it all goes to. Not worth the shipping IMO.

Reply 855 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ph4nt0m wrote:

I'm interested in the SCSI cards. Could be useful.

As I said, those are all taken now. When I said RAID I also meant the standard SCSI PCI-X as well. I have a few more incoming.

Reply 856 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok. More spring cleaning. I didn't know what these were when I got them in the PPro haul. Finally got around to looking them up. Apparently they are new old stock fan shroud/wind tunnel kits for Socket 370 and older Xeon processors. Looked up the number on the side of the box which was C10754-003. This website has the fan for it and they luckily mention this shroud part number. If anyone out there wants one or two or three, give me a shout. I have six total. I also have a bag a various shroud parts, processor plastics, etc. I'll throw in to the first interested party. Obviously you will need a fan, as well, which I don't have. Just cover first class shipping. They are very light so they should be cheap to ship.

shroud.jpg
Filename
shroud.jpg
File size
1.25 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 857 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

More stuff to go through. Tell me what you want. The coolers are all new old stock. Those are spare case caster wheels I have in the top right hand corner from server towers I used to have. Maybe some of you could use some.

cpucooling.jpg
Filename
cpucooling.jpg
File size
1.51 MiB
Views
File license
Last edited by liqmat on 2019-06-12, 02:00. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 858 of 1217, by RetroLizard

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
liqmat wrote:

More stuff to go through. Tell me what you want. Those are spare case caster wheels I have in the top right hand corner from server towers I used to have. Maybe some of you could use some.

cpucooling.jpg

I could probably use one of those to cool off my Voodoo 3 card. 😵

Reply 859 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RetroLizard wrote:
liqmat wrote:

More stuff to go through. Tell me what you want. Those are spare case caster wheels I have in the top right hand corner from server towers I used to have. Maybe some of you could use some.

cpucooling.jpg

I could probably use one of those to cool off my Voodoo 3 card. 😵

These would not be good for that application.