VOGONS

First post, by retropol

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have nice ADAX computer, 486dx2 66, with turbo segment display

in one turbo button position it shows 66 (this is ok)
but in other position it shows 8 (it should be 33 afaik)

but I dont know how to setup that, pls help

IMG_3202.JPG
Filename
IMG_3202.JPG
File size
125.77 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
IMG_6499.JPG
Filename
IMG_6499.JPG
File size
128.11 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1 of 9, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well for starters you could put jumpers on the pin header marked HUN. The three headers are labelled: ONE, TEN, HUN. So they are for the ones, tens and hundreds.

Since the HUN is not yet populated you could take ONE jumper and systematically bridge all pins, always checking what bar lights up and noting that down. Then you can figure out how to make the bars for "3" light up (when turbo is disengaged naturally). Once you have that, you can change the ONE and TEN header to the same configuration. I assume that one half of a header is for turbo, the other is for slow mode. If the split is horizontal or vertical, I don't know...

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 3 of 9, by mdog69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

From looking at the picture you posted, and informed by looking at (http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/led_speed_dis … 20-%20GK-01.jpg)...

Look at http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/led_speed_dis … 20-%20GK-01.jpg

On your board, the pinout for HUN, TEN and ONE matches the pinout for ONE on the GK-01 board.
From the current setting of the board, "no link" = segment always off, and "vertical" = segment always on
The two horizontal link positions may be different, but "suck it and see" will see you through.

To switch between 66 and 33 you need 14 jumpers in total.

Do the ONE block first, setting the jumpers as follows

A Will always light (leave unchanged)
B Only light for non-turbo (leave unchanged)
C Will always light (leave unchanged)
D Will always light (leave unchanged)
E Only light for turbo - change this to horizontal
F Only light for turbo - change this
G Will always light (leave unchanged)

Test the board and make sure the left hand digit LEDs match the turbo mode.
If it doesn't work properly, move the links for E and F to the other horizontal position, and try again.
Note that you only need to change the E and F links, and each one only has two possible horizontal positions.

Once you get the left hand digit working, do the middle one - install headers on the TEN block in exactly the same positions as the ONE block.

Leave the HUN block empty - (unless you want to make it display 133 or 166, you can figure that one out for your self!)

Reply 4 of 9, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you happen to be more visually set like I am then this little chart may be helpful.
The three rows on your display have identical orientation which makes things easier because the jumper settings are identical.

LEDsimp2.jpg
Filename
LEDsimp2.jpg
File size
122.14 KiB
Views
File license

What I do not understand is how the jumpers set as like in your photo can show 66 and 8. Maybe there is a contact problem and you may have to clean the pins and/or use jumpers with a tight(er) fit to make it work properly.

Last edited by PARKE on 2019-06-13, 01:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 9, by retropol

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

murugan, mdog69, PARKE you are the best one ever!!! 😀 works perfectly fine, 33 / 66 😁
PARKE, i think logic is oposite - non-turbo is 66, turbo is 33.

IMG_5913.JPG
Filename
IMG_5913.JPG
File size
56.17 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 6 of 9, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The original display wire set was designed in such a way, with 2x3 wires coming from the push button, that you could swap the cables in order to accomodate the design of the motherboard - this was either default Turbo or default non-Turbo which then was controlled by the Turbo button which was either pushed in- or released.

http://www.suntekpc.com/htm-2/power-switch-pu … urbo-3p3c-2.htm

edit
PS If you want yours to work 'the other way around' (I assume) you have to swap the positions of the B, E and F jumpers like you did.

Reply 8 of 9, by Jackhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a K-618 segment display that display normal 33 turbo 100 and i want to change the 100 to 66.
Can anyone help what i have to change? I look at the links but not really see my segment there.

IMG_3942.JPG
Filename
IMG_3942.JPG
File size
1.34 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Dos 6.22: Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 Rev 2.0 1Mb L2 - AMD A5x86 X5 ADZ 133MHz @160MHz - 64MB RAM - CT2230 - GUS ACE - MPU-401 AT - ET4000W32P
Win98SE: Asus P5K-WS - E8600 @ 4,5GHz - Strange God Voodoo 5 6000 PCI @ 66MHz PCI-X - 2GB DDR2 1066 - Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 9 of 9, by EddieOne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jackhead wrote on 2023-02-24, 16:37:

I have a K-618 segment display that display normal 33 turbo 100 and i want to change the 100 to 66.
Can anyone help what i have to change? I look at the links but not really see my segment there.
IMG_3942.JPG

I think I have your solution.

IMG_0543.JPG
Filename
IMG_0543.JPG
File size
958.71 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain