VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 120 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Had some chickpeas cooked with sage, rosemary and garlic with baked sweetpotatoe wedges.

The secret is in the Salsa Verde that you generously pour over everything:

(this is more of a guideline than a recipe, I use whatever herbs are in the garden and at whatever quantity pleases me 😀)

1/2 cup of your best olive oil
1/2 cup of parsley
1/2 cup of mint
1/4 of oregano
1 tbsp of thyme
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp of capers
2-3 salted anchovies
...and a couple leaves of whatever else there is... sage, lemon balm, mustard greens, borage, other kinds of mint, basil, koreander, nasturtium, savory etc.

Put everything in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth, adding more oil as needed.

This stuff also works well as salad dressing. Just add a little bit of red wine or sherry vinegar maybe!

Reply 122 of 739, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Next time we'd stick to the good old Braga Permai, thank you very much.

Looks like a really good place to eat.

Oh, indeed Braga Permai is. My grandpa (from the mother's side) often bought cakes there when he dated my grandma. My parents regularly dated there. And when I was kid --before we moved to Jakarta-- we used to eat there regularly. Sadly when we moved back to Bandung around 1990s, the restaurant was rather unkempt and very empty. I remember we ate there once or twice just for the sake of nostalgia, but the food were still great as usual. Fortunately Braga Permai belongs to the city hall --a private business entity would have probably closed it down. But in early 2000s the city of Bandung started revitalizing its old town area, and Braga Permai was renovated. Since then, my mother and I ate there quite regularly, we even had our favorite corner on the patio.

Jumbo Eatery, which I described earlier, seems to heavily relies on gimmicks like jumbo portion everything, but it was across the prenatal hospital, so I decided to be adventurous. Braga Permai, on the other hand, never relies on such gimmick. They still serve the good old steak, the good old ice cream, and the good old everything since my grandparents were young. Sure, it's not haute cuisine, but it is the 'good old' part that keeps me coming back.

braga%2Bpermai.jpg
Maison Bogerijen, which would later known as Braga Permai.

brostenen wrote:

I see they serve "Poffertjes". We have those here in Denmark as well. Here we serve them with all sorts of sweet stuff, like jam or powdered white sugar. They are considered an X-Mas treat by the way, so we only eat them during all of December, starting with the 4'th last sunday before the 24'th of December and to around the 27'th of December. There is a town in America, that are founded by Danish emigrants, going some 200 years or so. They still eat them, yet for breakfast and with a special sausage called "Medister". They have as far as I remember, stopped using pork for the old Danish recepies, because you know, America is the place that people eat beef. Really strange to see....

Anyway...
Poffertjes, were traditionally flat, and were nothing but a slice of fresh Apple, dipped in a kind of batter and then fried. That is why it is named "Æbleskiver". Translated roughly to Apple-slices. During some 300 years, they have evolved to that round cake. From Wikipedia And speaking of old X-Mas treat's. Then there are "Klejner" that we have made in Denmark since mideval times. Actually the oldest cookie/cake that we have. And it is AWESOMME. Normally cooked in pig-fat or coconut palm oil. Yet they taste best, if you cook them in sunflower oil. And please do not skip on the lemon peel, when you make the dough. 😜

While Braga Permai offers poffertjes, its specialty is actually gingerbread cake. You should try it.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 123 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

While Braga Permai offers poffertjes, its specialty is actually gingerbread cake. You should try it.

I have been digging for pictures of the food served at that place. Looks really good. I especially like that they are international mixed with local and national food. It is a bit like Australian restaurants, in were a lot of places have all sort of cultural food mixed together. Regarding gingerbread cake. Then I did not find any pictures of the cake. Is it a soft cake or a dense and semi-hard cake that they serve? Speaking of ginger and spices like that. Do you want a Danish recepie for a honey cake? It is my families recepie and have been for over 100 year. It looks like bread when it is cut, and the trick is to serve it with a tiny layer of butter on top. Looks like a slice of dark bread with butter. A really strange treat that are really good.

It has honey, cinnamon and other spices. The cake it self have no fat in it, and is why you add as much butter on top, as you personally desire. The only problem, is that once you have baked it, you really wish to eat some. Yet it needs to be frozen solid for at least 24 hours, before eating. Freezing the cake after it have been baked, is the only way that you will get the correct texture of the cake.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 124 of 739, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:

I have been digging for pictures of the food served at that place. Looks really good. I especially like that they are international mixed with local and national food. It is a bit like Australian restaurants, in were a lot of places have all sort of cultural food mixed together.

Though, if you're looking for local food, dedicated local food restos like Ampera, Sindang Reret, or Ayam Suharti are probably better than Braga Permai.

I remember my childhood in Jakarta Selatan, our family regularly ate at a continental restaurant named 'Expresso' in Kemang neighborhood (just across Kem Chicks). While its tahu telor wasn't bad, dad once remarked it was no match for a real tahu telor typically served in East Javanese restaurant.

brostenen wrote:

Regarding gingerbread cake. Then I did not find any pictures of the cake. Is it a soft cake or a dense and semi-hard cake that they serve?

Dense and semi-hard. It was my dad's favorite, he always liked gingerbread cake.

brostenen wrote:

Speaking of ginger and spices like that. Do you want a Danish recepie for a honey cake? It is my families recepie and have been for over 100 year. It looks like bread when it is cut, and the trick is to serve it with a tiny layer of butter on top. Looks like a slice of dark bread with butter. A really strange treat that are really good.

It has honey, cinnamon and other spices. The cake it self have no fat in it, and is why you add as much butter on top, as you personally desire. The only problem, is that once you have baked it, you really wish to eat some. Yet it needs to be frozen solid for at least 24 hours, before eating. Freezing the cake after it have been baked, is the only way that you will get the correct texture of the cake.

I would like to, thanks. 😀

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 125 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dense and semi-hard. It was my dad's favorite, he always liked gingerbread cake.

Then you will like my honeycake... Trust me. I have attached the file to this post (for others that want it too)
I wrote it in Libre Office, yet the fileformat is in MS Word.

Attachments

• Filename
    HoneyCake.doc
    File size
    14.5 KiB
    Downloads
    55 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 126 of 739, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:

Then you will like my honeycake... Trust me. I have attached the file to this post (for others that want it too)

Thank you. I'm not really into cooking, but my wife is (she makes a really nice nasi liwet). I'm sure she'll be interested to try the recipe.

Anyway, she likes to cook while I'm such a big eater, so it's quite a synergy between us. Problem is, she is wary about my weight, especially since I have a long history of obesity and diabetes in my family.

Reply 127 of 739, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Anyway, she likes to cook while I'm such a big eater, so it's quite a synergy between us. Problem is, she is wary about my weight, especially since I have a long history of obesity and diabetes in my family.

Sounds like she's really in your corner!

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 128 of 739, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gdjacobs wrote:

Sounds like she's really in your corner!

Indeed she is. 😀

Reply 129 of 739, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm trying a new beer.
Cocomo IPA
The coconut is very mild, but I do find this very smooth for an IPA. Only 50 IBU.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 130 of 739, by Ultrax

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Haribo gold bears. They're so good! Only thing is, the serving size is stupid. Who ever eats just a "little handful"? Absolutely no one! Eat the whole damn bag, nothing is stopping you! 🤣

Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 😎
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 😎

Reply 131 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
brostenen wrote:

Thank you. I'm not really into cooking, but my wife is (she makes a really nice nasi liwet). I'm sure she'll be interested to try the recipe.

No problemo... 😀 It was easy to translate. What was the biggest issue (not that it was an issue at all), was to save the file in a cross platform file format. 😁

Diabetes ay?! Hmmm... If you need to drop weight here in denmark, we usually keep away from heavy loads of rice, white bread and stuff like that. Potatoes as well. We keep away from any type of alcohol as well, because it has such a vast amount of energy. Not that I think that would be an issue for you. Just saying.

What you need to focus on, is boiled vegetables and some low fat meat. The ratio would be something like 500 gram of brocolli, boiled so it is slightly crisp, and then aprox some 250 gram of roasted chicken meat. The kind that are cut into pieces from the breast meat. Roast it in a nonstick pan, with a teaspoon of oil. Just enough that it wil just cover the surface of the pan.

Then just add some spicemix of some sort, and drink a big glass of water to the meal. I know it sounds boring, yet with some time, you will get used to the food. And the good part, is that it only takes some 20 minutes to make.

You can use all sort of cabbage types. Or use a mix of coliflower and carots.

Reply 132 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Ultrax wrote:

Haribo gold bears. They're so good! Only thing is, the serving size is stupid. Who ever eats just a "little handful"? Absolutely no one! Eat the whole damn bag, nothing is stopping you! 🤣

You need to go on a hunt, in order to source them 1-pound bag's. Normally they are 1/2 pound in size here. And if you buy it at the Danish/German border, you can get a big round box with 2 pounds of candy.

Reply 133 of 739, by Ultrax

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
Ultrax wrote:

You need to go on a hunt, in order to source them 1-pound bag's. Normally they are 1/2 pound in size here. And if you buy it at the Danish/German border, you can get a big round box with 2 pounds of candy.

Here, the "share" size (normal) bag is 5 ounces, but you can find, on Amazon, "party" size bags at are 5 pounds!

Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 😎
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 😎

Reply 134 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Ultrax wrote:
brostenen wrote:
Ultrax wrote:

Here, the "share" size (normal) bag is 5 ounces, but you can find, on Amazon, "party" size bags at are 5 pounds!

Mmmm..... Party size.... 2.5 kilo of gummi bears. 😜

Reply 136 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
oeuvre wrote:

haribos are dangerous

Gummi bears, nope.... Yet those in the picture below, can be quite dangereous in vast amounts and in high dose. You can not eat more than 10 pieces, before you start to feel kind of physically off. Eating 500 gram in one row, will probably kill you, if you have a severe high blood pressure.

haribo_6.jpg

Reply 137 of 739, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
No problemo... :-) It was easy to translate. What was the biggest issue (not that it was an issue at all), was to save the file […]
Show full quote

No problemo... 😀 It was easy to translate. What was the biggest issue (not that it was an issue at all), was to save the file in a cross platform file format. 😁

Diabetes ay?! Hmmm... If you need to drop weight here in denmark, we usually keep away from heavy loads of rice, white bread and stuff like that. Potatoes as well. We keep away from any type of alcohol as well, because it has such a vast amount of energy. Not that I think that would be an issue for you. Just saying.

What you need to focus on, is boiled vegetables and some low fat meat. The ratio would be something like 500 gram of brocolli, boiled so it is slightly crisp, and then aprox some 250 gram of roasted chicken meat. The kind that are cut into pieces from the breast meat. Roast it in a nonstick pan, with a teaspoon of oil. Just enough that it wil just cover the surface of the pan.

Then just add some spicemix of some sort, and drink a big glass of water to the meal. I know it sounds boring, yet with some time, you will get used to the food. And the good part, is that it only takes some 20 minutes to make.

You can use all sort of cabbage types. Or use a mix of coliflower and carots.

Thanks. In fact, I have frequently substituted meat with soy products. My problem is consistency and mental discipline. Many times --especially when my wife is not around, like in business lunches-- I indulge myself like crazy, much to my client's amusement, but much to my wife's dismay when she finds out later. 🤣

Well at least now I have someone to control my weight. 😀 The first time I met Evi, my weight was 97 kilograms. Now at least I'm stable at 86 kilos.

Reply 138 of 739, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

With a young one on the way, it sounds like she's helped some with your calorie burn too!

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 139 of 739, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gdjacobs wrote:

With a young one on the way, it sounds like she's helped some with your calorie burn too!

Indeed! 🤣