VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 29160 of 52358, by Skanque

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have felt like Gollum for so long, chasing after the precious.. always out of reach, couldn't even find a decent picture of the box art. Now it's here.. the precious is in our hands..

I had too bring out the flag for this one.

ASUS V6800 Geforce 256 DDR Deluxe

IMG-6244.jpg

Original receipt is included.. bought 2 days before I received it, 19 years ago 😁 SO poetic
date.png

Have a nice day !

Last edited by Skanque on 2019-06-20, 06:16. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 29161 of 52358, by Turbo ->

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bought this lot for 8 EUR today. Was particulary interested because of the sound cards, a Gainward 32Mb PCI graphics card and lot of SDR rams. I don't now what will I do with modem cards. Already I have them too much, but since they were in the lot, I took them anyway. 9600 All in wonder is without original box, but new condition.

Attachments

• IMG_8193.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8193.JPG
    File size
    953.1 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_8194.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8194.JPG
    File size
    922.65 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_8195.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8195.JPG
    File size
    923.1 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_8196.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8196.JPG
    File size
    972.77 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_8197.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_8197.JPG
    File size
    971.33 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 29162 of 52358, by pan069

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Windows9566 wrote:
how is this 300w startech and a ATX to AT with a 3.3v load for the replacement PSU situation? […]
Show full quote

how is this 300w startech and a ATX to AT with a 3.3v load for the replacement PSU situation?

91nJOFpssTL._SL1500_.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I use the exact same StarTech PSU (it's quiet) and I also have the ATX/AT converter you pictured (I think it was sold as an Amiga converter if I'm not mistaken), but I prefer to use this one instead:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263896812077

Reply 29163 of 52358, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Input device day today:

full.jpg

The most fabulous version of arguably the best digital 'Atari' stype joystick out there, the Powerplay Cruiser - and then the weirdest controller I've seen, the SpaceOrb 360.

Can't wait to put both through their paces 😀

Reply 29164 of 52358, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last week I was once again lucky because I got the opportunity to buy this rare piece of microcomputer history:

IBM 5110 w.jpg
Filename
IBM 5110 w.jpg
File size
121.69 KiB
Views
File license

It's an IBM 5110, a late 70's personal computer or microcomputer (which describes it more accurately I think) which predates the IBM PC 5150.

I had to drive to a southern corner of my country (through Belgium which makes more sense from where I live) to collect it which was a nice trip on its own.

Reply 29165 of 52358, by Windows9566

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Windows9566 wrote:
I can see jumpers on the back on another picture […]
Show full quote
yawetaG wrote:
Windows9566 wrote:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/DxEAAOSwmBZc9svt/s-l1600.jpg Got myself a full tower AT/ATX case from ebay with a turbo button an […]
Show full quote

s-l1600.jpg
Got myself a full tower AT/ATX case from ebay with a turbo button and MHz display.

Are you sure that's a MHz display and not a infrared receiver like the ones that were found on some Pentium cases?

I can see jumpers on the back on another picture

s-l1600.jpg

it was a mhz display, but i fried it when i accidently hooked it up to some random area on it.

R5 5600X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3060 TI, Win11
P3 600, 256 MB RAM, nVidia Riva TNT2 M64, SB Vibra 16S, Win98
PMMX 200, 128 MB RAM, S3 Virge DX, Yamaha YMF719, Win95
486DX2 66, 32 MB RAM, Trident TGUI9440, ESS ES688F, DOS

Reply 29166 of 52358, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:
Speaking of fathers, let's talk about the grand-daddy of sound card 'fathers' - or perhaps great, great, great Grandfathers... […]
Show full quote

Speaking of fathers, let's talk about the grand-daddy of sound card 'fathers' - or perhaps great, great, great Grandfathers...

So I have a bare version, a boxed but incomplete version, and now....the whole shebang! Not only is finding one of these tough, but boxed is even tougher, boxed and complete is even tougher, but boxed, complete & with the optional surround/reverb module is pretty much unobtaniaum!

So here you go!

Ad Lib Gold 1000 8-bit ISA with Surround-Reverb Module (Boxed, Complete) (1991)

Ad Lib Gold Midi Pack (Boxed) (1993)

Ensoniq SoundScape Elite (S2016-II) ISA #3 (1994)

Looks like you've won the classic sound card lottery 😁 Congratulations! I can only dream of cards like those!

Reply 29167 of 52358, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SpectriaForce wrote:

Looks like you've won the classic sound card lottery 😁 Congratulations! I can only dream of cards like those!

Thanks! Yeah, this nostalgia is getting expensive. 😵

Last edited by Artex on 2019-06-18, 01:06. Edited 1 time in total.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 29168 of 52358, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SpectriaForce wrote:

Does an art collector have paintings rain from the sky? Artex has probably one of the nicest sets of vintage hardware in the world. I sometimes wonder if he uses trained birds to find these things for him.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 29169 of 52358, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gdjacobs wrote:
SpectriaForce wrote:

Does an art collector have paintings rain from the sky? Artex has probably one of the nicest sets of vintage hardware in the world. I sometimes wonder if he uses trained birds to find these things for him.

Hah! Batyra and Hard1k are right up there with me. Mad respect for these gents too for their ability to source these relics.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 29170 of 52358, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bought an Evergreen Pentium MMX 233Mhz overdrive for my old Socket 7 mobo from a French online store named Tout Magasin Discount, but the item's status is still pending, which means the item hasn't been shipped yet despite I have paid for it like, two days ago. It is not a fraud site, is it? 🙁

pentium-100-mobo-Toutmagasin-01.jpg
Bought the Pentium MMX overdrive...

pentium-100-mobo-Toutmagasin-02.jpg
...but the item's status is still pending.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 29171 of 52358, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Artex wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:
SpectriaForce wrote:

Hah! Batyra and Hard1k are right up there with me. Mad respect for these gents too for their ability to source these relics.

Batyra has some stuff on eBay right now... not for prices I would ever dream of paying.. but I don't usually collect stuff with boxes anyway unless it is something I am looking for and it is a really good price.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 29172 of 52358, by Merovign

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SpectriaForce wrote:

Last week I was once again lucky because I got the opportunity to buy this rare piece of microcomputer history:

It's an IBM 5110, a late 70's personal computer or microcomputer (which describes it more accurately I think) which predates the IBM PC 5150.

I had to drive to a southern corner of my country (through Belgium which makes more sense from where I live) to collect it which was a nice trip on its own.

With manuals? Holy noodle. Jackpot!

Nice catch!

Edit: Re: Thrift shop posts - I'm not sure why the thrift shops around here are such deserts, I think it has to do with State taxes on disposal and the subsidies to counter the taxes, the result being everything going straight to the shredder.

*Too* *many* *things*!

Reply 29173 of 52358, by Skanque

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Bought an Evergreen Pentium MMX 233Mhz overdrive for my old Socket 7 mobo from a French online store named Tout Magasin Discount, but the item's status is still pending, which means the item hasn't been shipped yet despite I have paid for it like, two days ago. It is not a fraud site, is it? 🙁

but the item's status is still pending.[/i]

That looks so much like a fraud site, I would cancel the payment or dispute it. Try searching their other products, everything is discounted and extremely cheap. And your processor is 799 in stock.. seems unlikely even for a warehouse find

Reply 29174 of 52358, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^Agreed - pictures come from this expired eBay listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-old-stock-evergr … x-/273861944843

Last edited by PC Hoarder Patrol on 2019-06-18, 05:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 29175 of 52358, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Skanque wrote:

but the item's status is still pending.[/i]

That looks so much like a fraud site, I would cancel the payment or dispute it. Try searching their other products, everything is discounted and extremely cheap. And your processor is 799 in stock.. seems unlikely even for a warehouse find

Looking up the site, it looks to be a scam site:
https://www.signal-arnaques.com/en/scam/view/161539

https://www.scamdoc.com/fr/view/17596

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 29176 of 52358, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I went to a kind of yard sale today where people in one part of town all sell stuff in their front gardens or in the courtyards of the apartment buildings. It's always a good opportunity to peek into people's houses and, since this was in a nice old part of Cologne, see how the other half lives. I also got a keyboard out of it!

It's a "Litron"-branded Nan Tan Company KB-6252ER and it cost me all of EUR 5. The keyboard is really heavy and although the plastic has yellowed some, there is no dirt and the keys aren't scuffed at all. I haven't looked inside, but I wonder if this has seen any use at all! The keycaps themselves seem kind of flimsy and light, though.

The switches are apparently amber Omron B3G-S's.

z024BMp.jpg?1

MQFkJhA.jpg

MxJ42r9.jpg?1

ZBsbK6s.jpg?1

Also, someone was offering an old Soviet-made Lomo TLR camera close to where I lived, so I swung by after work the other day and picked it up for a very reasonable price. The shutter fires, all speeds work, it doesn't seem to leak light -- seems like it was hardly used at all. All in all I'm very pleased with this one 😀

oXr8QZd.jpg

Reply 29177 of 52358, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is not a fraud site, is it? 🙁

I wouldn’t be so quick to judge unless you have very good reasons to do so. It’s possible that the ebay seller with the same item uses this local seller’s pictures (would make him a copycat) and buys his stock from this local seller; i.e. he could be a trader.

Reply 29178 of 52358, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SpectriaForce wrote:

It is not a fraud site, is it? 🙁

I wouldn’t be so quick to judge unless you have very good reasons to do so. It’s possible that the ebay seller with the same item uses this local seller’s pictures (would make him a copycat) and buys his stock from this local seller; i.e. he could be a trader.

Possible, but I smell a rat. If it was a direct (non-trader) seller the price is already unrealistically low, if you make the assumption that two people of whom at least one fully professionally have to make money from this it unfeasible. I mean, would you sell a sought-after Evergreen upgrade for EUR 15? Not very likely... Add to that the unrealistic stock and the fact that this site has been flagged as a scam and is linked to a rather notorious scam site and I say there is very good reason to assume the worst here.

Reply 29179 of 52358, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can tell you that "tout magasin discount" in french doesn't sound like a very serious thing.

You can also see that the footer isn't properly translated (english column title, french rows) and the content behind those like "qui sommes nous" are in english. And if you pay attention, they don't even leave any address which is very suspicious.

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative