VOGONS

Common searches

Graphics performance boost

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 221 of 227, by Mamoru-kun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all!

Sorry to bother, but before becoming completely creasy (I've already spend almost one hour on the net to find an answer), I decided to ask the question here: I got a "dosbox-optscalers-20051213.diff.txt" file...but I don't know what I have to do with it, and seem not to find any instruction anywhere 🙁 Under WinXP, I can recompile whatever I want (using VC6 or VC7), but I really don't have a clue on how to include a "diff" file to dosbox project (if only the two are linked). Can someone help me?

Reply 222 of 227, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello Mamoru.kun.

Answer number one: If you get a current CVS source of dosbox, functionality like that offered by Kronuz's patch is already included. No need to mess with the patch then. I don't know how to do a CVS checkout in Windows though, but I guess you need a CVS client or a CVS plugin for VC++.

Answer number two: To apply a ".diff" type patch, you need the "patch" program. The situation is as usual: It's standard on Unix, while on Windows you'll have to find it yourself. I assume that it's included in cygwin, at least. Probably you can also grab the sources from a GNU mirror, maybe it will even compile out of the box on Windows.

tearex

Reply 223 of 227, by Mamoru-kun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much for the explanations TeaRex. So finding a "CVS" source of dosbox would be enough for me, after a compilation, to have a patched version of dosbox, did I get it right? But what is a "CVS" version? I can't find such a version in the download page of dosbox.sourceforge.net...

EDIT: OK, one of my college (our "Unix man") told me about CVS thing, and after thinking, I came to the conclusion that it would perhaps be easier for me to ask...if someone already has a WinXP compiled verion of Dosbox (or dlls, whatever is patched) with this patch? 😀

Reply 224 of 227, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

CVS means "concurrent versioning system" and is basically a way of storing source code in a way so that multiple persons can work on it. You can find dosbox's cvs page here:

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=52551

Either you have to check out the source yourself (pointers to software that does this are given on that page) and then compile it, or you have to download a (recent! as in "done in the last few days") "CVS build", basically an unofficial release of dosbox that somebody else compiled and is offering for download. See this thread:

/viewtopic.php?t=8567

tearex

Reply 226 of 227, by Kronuz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I haven't had the time to check the new cvs version with the functionality of my patch implemented, but I'll check it as soon as I get home by the 22nd (I'm on vacations and out of town). I'm very interested in testing it 😀

Kronuz
"Time is of the essence"