VOGONS

First post, by Señor Ventura

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello

Between this two cards there are differences about its DAC, and the memories, but Should i must have in consideration any difference of possible qualities?.

Which you choose?

gh.jpg
rt.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited by Señor Ventura on 2019-07-10, 03:11. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This thread might be of interest to you:
3dfx Voodoo 1 cards

Diamond is really the reference AIB, but I don't know enough about them to say which one is of better quality. I guess you could plug both in and see which gives you the most clean picture.

Reply 2 of 5, by Señor Ventura

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mothergoose729 wrote:

This thread might be of interest to you:
3dfx Voodoo 1 cards

Diamond is really the reference AIB, but I don't know enough about them to say which one is of better quality. I guess you could plug both in and see which gives you the most clean picture.

I meant about difference about qualities in terms of quality of components (durability, etc).

I will try reading that thread, thank you 😀

Reply 3 of 5, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would typically say go for Diamond, but the 1st card really caught my attention. It has TVP3409-170CFN DAC, which was originally from Texas Instrument. All Voodoo1 that I had come across all used ICS GENDAC. This one is really special. Ti DACs are famous for superb analog quality, Matrox used the higher end TVP3026-220/250 in the professional Millennium/Millennium II graphic cards in the 90's, which were always the best analog output back then.

Though I am not sure if TVP3409 would be in the same league as TVP3026, with Ti reputation I think it's worth to take a look.

Reply 5 of 5, by Señor Ventura

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kjliew wrote:

I would typically say go for Diamond, but the 1st card really caught my attention. It has TVP3409-170CFN DAC, which was originally from Texas Instrument. All Voodoo1 that I had come across all used ICS GENDAC. This one is really special. Ti DACs are famous for superb analog quality, Matrox used the higher end TVP3026-220/250 in the professional Millennium/Millennium II graphic cards in the 90's, which were always the best analog output back then.

Though I am not sure if TVP3409 would be in the same league as TVP3026, with Ti reputation I think it's worth to take a look.

Ok, it's done, i already bought the one with the TI DAC.

I almost done with my P200 upgrades. Thank you to all 😀

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about 2D cards:

The first one has 2MB in 8 memories, and the second one has 2MB in 4 memories... i don't know what is better.

jkjk.jpg
rtrt.jpg