VOGONS

First post, by LukeLovesRetro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, have been working on a board I found on ebay some time ago though no info came with it. I have searched high and low for info on it to no avail. If anybody can id this board it would be greatly appreciated. info I have is PhoenixBIOS 1.01 A386SX (3050/60D R1.04) on boot but no bios id string. Bios contains MiTAC security feature, though I cannot id it as a MiTAC board. Thanks again for any help, this search is doing my head in. img link

DxSbHAF.jpg

Attachments

• Unknown_386Board.jpg
    Filename
    Unknown_386Board.jpg
    File size
    1.87 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 7, by LukeLovesRetro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, Sorry i have not posted bios pics yet, have been very busy(children and 5 other retro projects, to much). Will try to post by the weekend. Many thanks for the efforts/info though, will look into those Acer boards and see what i can find. when i have time will also post pics of my other retro rebuilds/restorations. Thanks again for your time in looking into this board.

Reply 6 of 7, by OSkar000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This looks a lot like the motherboard I had in my 386 I had many years ago. That was a DX33 but I know that there was some different versions of the computers.

From what I know Mitac produced lots of computers with different brands. Mine was a Facit but i have seen a few with other brands manufactured by Mitac.

Reply 7 of 7, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's from a MiStation 3050 series. That is about as much as I can find.

Mentioned on page 10 in this old magazine:
https://ia800604.us.archive.org/11/items/NewC … rExpress154.pdf