Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1400 of 1962, by arobbo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again ronald,
I don't know if anyone else has been having problems with your latest jar090.zip offered here (http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/dbgl/ … load/jar090.zip), but I am still getting header errors with the download, as I reported earlier. Might that particular file need repackaging? Best Wishes

Reply 1402 of 1962, by rossdorn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After working nicely for a few years, suddenly I can no longer play my old games with Win7 using dosbox.

Alt + Enter tries changing to full screen, but instead the whole window with the game disappears. The other window where the speed can be raised with Strg + F12 remains visible. The same thing happens when changing to Fullscreen=True in the options..
I have uninstalled and re installed dosbox, the game and the NVidia graphics driver.....
I also tried all versions of output...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Reply 1403 of 1962, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Assuming you're using the latest official version of DOSBox then create a thread for your issue instead of posting in a non-related thread?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1404 of 1962, by rossdorn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Assuming you're using the latest official version of DOSBox then create a thread for your issue instead of posting in a non-related thread?

The thread is called dosbox game launcher... I cannot quite see, why this should be the wrong place....

Furthermore, as you can see, this time I get at least an answer.
If you check the page, you will find that I DID post a separate thread, but got no answer. As I cannot find any way to send a question in a mail to dosbox directly, I have to ask here.

Reply 1405 of 1962, by Monotremata

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Those problems have nothing to do with DBGL, they have to do with DOSBox itself. Thats why this is the wrong place.

Awesome just noticed tonight that .90 was out, been on 0.82 this whole time! Just got everything updated and its still working great on the latest MacOS!

Reply 1406 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all, I've just uploaded 0.91beta1 with a few minor improvements:

* Fixed check for default DosboxVersion when initiating 'add game wizard' (Luke)
* Fixed MobyGames link created using the 'add game wizard'
* Provide some support for importing GoG profiles (sometimes consisting of multiple .confs, and with "mount c ..") (Luke)
* A few Spanish translation corrections from Neville

All the latest files To upgrade from 0.90, just fetch dbgl.jar as usual.

Reply 1408 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not sure I understand what you're saying; does it look like something's amiss with saving your profile's settings, or is DOSBox not handling the settings correctly?

Hmm, this sounds somewhat related?!

Reply 1411 of 1962, by b0rt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I'm new to the forums.

I've been using dbgl for a while, great software indeed.

I've been trying the new version and I think I found a bug related to the incremental settings of dosbox loading a game. I have tried both 0.83 and 0.90, only have the problem with 0.90. I'm using windows 10.
In 0.90, when I load a game, it only loads the configuration of that profile and any other setting is loading the dosbox default options. I did some screenshots of the logs:

https://i.imgur.com/Fs4EsQf.png

https://i.imgur.com/dVWtIS4.png

This is the log of the dbgl
https://i.imgur.com/IVQLq17.png

For example, if I don't change the output option in a game profile, it will use surface that is the dosbox default, so the window resolution change doesn't work either.
If you need more details or something you can ask, or if I can do something for fixing it.

Keep up the good work.

Reply 1412 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi b0rt,

Thanks for the heads up, this is indeed a regression that slipped through beta testing 0.90. Can you please try my new build 0.91beta2 to see if this fully resolves the problem that you're seeing?

All the latest files To upgrade from 0.90, just fetch dbgl.jar as usual.

Reply 1414 of 1962, by joeuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I was trying to fetch screenshots for a few games, as I figured out the options to show "big boxes". Great memories. For a few games DBGL didn't download anything from MobyGames. I couldnt also spot any functionality how to query these once the game is already added. Re-querying MobyGames updated the meta information only. Am I oversee something?

Used 0.90 and also 0.91beta2 on Linux (Solus).

Thanks for DBGL. Great piece of software.

Thanks,
Joe

Reply 1416 of 1962, by joeuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Neville wrote:

In order to download covers / screenshots from MobyGames (or anywhere else) you need to check the options. Look at File --> Preferences --> Web Information Archives.

Thanks, Neville. Got all the boxes ticked already, max amounts set to 0, and platforms "dos, pc booter" (guess these were the default values anyway). For both MobyGames and Pouet.net. So not sure what I am missing honestly...

Reply 1417 of 1962, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been doing some research on PC-88 and PC-98 emulation, only to find out that DOSBox-X also emulates the later computer. Is it usable under DBGL? Here's a video of said build of DOSBox running "Ys II":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGDOTKkVG1o

It seems to use the settings machine=pc98 and imgmount for the various game disks. Most PC-98 games are "booters" consisting of several image disks in formats such as d88, fdd or fdi. I'm not sure if they need all the parameters they show on the video.

Reply 1418 of 1962, by Savoury

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is the content of an email that I sent to r.blankendaal@quicknet.nl but was undelivered (unknown address). So posting here instead.

Hi Ronald,

Firstly, thanks for the excellent DOSBox Game Launcher, which I've used for years on all three of the OSes (Linux, Win and Mac) that I regularly use. Mostly I'm in Linux (Ubuntu) these days, so I decided to "Debianize" your program with appropriate Debian-style packaging.

Here's a new PPA that I've created with a working DBGL 0.83 for Xenial and newer Ubuntu systems:

https://launchpad.net/~savoury1/+archive/ubuntu/dbgl

For your reference (given you created DBGL! 😀 ) the way I packaged it is:

* Place all DBGL core jar files under /usr/share/dbgl (incl. lib dir)
* Optional i18n files (separate package) also go under /usr/share/dbgl
* Place dbgl script in /usr/bin and modify for fixed install path
* Add a package dependency for DOSBox 0.74-3 which is also in the same PPA, for easy installation of both by running "sudo apt install dbgl"

To make the source archive smaller I also removed src/dist/winshared, src/dist/macshared folders as well as dosbox binaries from src/dist/linux32 and linux64. None of that is needed for the Launchpad build so it reduced the source archive (using xz) to only 7.3MB (similar size to the final size of either the amd64 or i386 .deb packages for dbgl, which are 6.2MB and 6.1MB respectively).

Although packaging DBGL like this does affect the portability factor, it's no doubt accurate that anyone wanting to run it portably knows how already (in terms of being able to do the simple tasks of downloading the Linux archive from your site and extract that to whatever location). So for folk wanting that option they can just use your original Linux binary build. Yet, many using Ubuntu/Debian systems do want a Debian style package for ease of install and software management and now it's easily done on any system with the new PPA.

Reason for choosing to package version 0.83 for now is that I've had various issues on my Ubuntu system with DBGL 0.90 including strange errors that do not exist in earlier versions (up to 0.83). So I will have to do further testing of 0.90 when I have time. Things like snapshot images not appearing in the main interface happened for instance, even though the images were working fine in DBGL <= 0.83 so not sure what the issue, will have to look into it further.

Please let me know any feedback about my choices of packaging DBGL and if you have suggestions for changes/improvements then I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks again for a great tool for those of us who love to play classic old games sometimes!

Cheers!

Reply 1419 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Neville: I guess Dosbox-X should be usable in DBGL, but (many?) of its 'special features' will not be configurable. Apart from the 'machine' setting, what other settings would you like to see in DBGL? Maybe I can add them in.

@Savoury: Thanks for your kind words! Indeed, my ISP (where my email address is registered) has made a mistake and has taken down my email account. I hope to have this sorted out soon, but until then, I can be reached at blankendaalr@quicknet.nl.
I'm not sure when exactly I'll be able to check out your PPA work, but when I do, I'll let you know if the packaging looks OK and if it works properly for me. Would it be OK with you if I provide information on the DBGL website to the PPA?