VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm making a video on an old video game and one location in the game is ACTUALLY A REAL PLACE! Problem is I'm in America and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to The Leather Bottle in Godalming. I would eternally grateful and would be sure to give you a big shout out at the end of the video or right when I'm explaining about the pub in the video if someone could get me photo's of the inside or a video walk around or 360 so I could see if it is literally 1 to 1 with the in game representation. I'm so blown away that it's actually real though. 🤣 I don't want to divulge what game it is yet but holy cow, really neat to see that something digital I've looked at since I was a kiddo is actually a real place you can visit. 🤣

Last edited by King_Corduroy on 2019-09-20, 23:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 1 of 6, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Was the dev studio located in that area? Wouldn't be the first time I've seen the programmers' favorite liquoring hole show up in a game.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 6, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You mean this place: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Revi … ey_England.html

There are some pictures of the interior in the slideshow.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 3 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So probably this one then

The Leathern Botle.jpg
Filename
The Leathern Botle.jpg
File size
87.73 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

There are also some shots in the photo album on Google Maps

Reply 4 of 6, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yup that place but there aren't enough pictures of the inside, and yeah apparently SIMIS was located near there cause it's 100% that bar. I would go there myself but I'm currently located in Northern Illinois, and it's a hell of a walk. 😜

Reply 5 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'll probably end up round that area in the next 6 months or so if no one else is closer?
Otherwise you can try contacting the pub direct. Landlords can be accommodating in quieter pubs and my be interested themselves they find out why your asking.
makes a good story to tell the punters doesn't it 😀

Reply 6 of 6, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've tried on their facebook to no avail sadly and no one on the reddit for surry or godalming has given anything yet. So yeah if you could I would be extremely grateful. 😁