VOGONS

First post, by ibm5155

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I saw under the menu that the diagnostics disk could test alot of the hardware stuff like the Fan, Thermister ,...
But none of the files that I found worked (they were for different notebooks)
Do you guys have some idea where could I find the Toshiba diagnostics disk for the satellite 330?

Reply 1 of 9, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is this it? From the Toshiba support site, says "Windows utilities for Satellite 330".

330utl98.exe

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 2 of 9, by ibm5155

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I wish it was that tool, but it's the third time I'm downloading it ;(

Here, take a look about the face from this specific software:
http://i.imgur.com/whssCjn.png

I also belive that this specific tool is a generic tool, because I saw the same information and tests under different Toshiba models (including the libreto 110, [but without the fan option])

The best I did was to download the atlas software (kind of a repair software kit for companies that was going to fix Toshiba notebooks), there were some tools, but it was for 1990 - 1991 Toshiba models ;--;

Reply 3 of 9, by Cga.8086

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ibm5155 wrote:
I wish it was that tool, but it's the third time I'm downloading it ;( […]
Show full quote

I wish it was that tool, but it's the third time I'm downloading it ;(

Here, take a look about the face from this specific software:
http://i.imgur.com/whssCjn.png

I also belive that this specific tool is a generic tool, because I saw the same information and tests under different Toshiba models (including the libreto 110, [but without the fan option])

The best I did was to download the atlas software (kind of a repair software kit for companies that was going to fix Toshiba notebooks), there were some tools, but it was for 1990 - 1991 Toshiba models ;--;

Hi
were you able to find such tool? i have been looking everywhere on google and i can´t find it.
i need the same tool that you posted images

Reply 5 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow great find PC Hoarder Patrol, was looking at their site earlier and missed this. Thanks !
Not sure how the Diags will work on a Satellite 110CS but will give it a whirl ;p

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 6 of 9, by Cga.8086

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thanks for sharing the links
i got a toshiba tecra and will try that tool, because i need the same menu structure but i need one that has option FAN ON/OFF

i wonder if that one is there

Reply 7 of 9, by the3dfxdude

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a 115cs, with the floppy disks. That should be an equivalent for your model, since they are basically the same. But minuszerodegrees should have it too.

Reply 8 of 9, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Small follow-up on where to get these files from - came across an old post on another forum where a number of these had already been found and listed, so knocked up a quick PowerShell batch to check what was still there and tidy up the list below

ToshTnD.txt

Main problem is Toshiba / Dynabook choose not to expose the online directory so unless you already know the filenames or are a good guesser based on their loose naming structure, then finding any more may be a problem (is there a way to scrape data anyway in these circumstances?)

Reply 9 of 9, by martfoxy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone managed to find the original dos diagnostics for the Toshiba Satellite Pro P300 - I can't see it in the above posts. In the maintenance manual there are screen images of it - and says version 1.10. It does more than the web version available now on the Dynabook website.
Has anyone found a way of accessing the files on Dynabook via ftp or online directory (not via their web forms) ? - I could then have a look to see if the diags are on there anywhere.