VOGONS

First post, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

I’ve just got my “new” L.I.S. 2 indicator* display & fan controller from around 2004.

The display came boxed and “as new”, but unfortunately the software-CD got lost over the time.
Thanks to evasive I've found some generic drivers,
but if you’ve got the latest retail USB-drivers and software for this display, please send it to me!

See here some pictures of the “unpacking” ...

01.jpg
02.jpg
05.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

The display appears to be new/unused (even the protective foil is still in place) and does not show any installation marks.
I intend to install the display & fan controller in my PC #3 (see sig), because it is in period and comes with a matching silver Lian Li case.

… to be continued 😀

* L.I.S. = Lost In Space (IMHO a bit strange name for a display)

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 1 of 10, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think Version 2.2.2.6 is the latest.

Reply 2 of 10, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You already found that in the other thread as I see. Oh well, I'll leave it anyway in case the other source expires.

This might be the driver though. Please report back if it works.

Reply 3 of 10, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Manual.
Sorry for messy posts.

Reply 4 of 10, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've now started to install the device with a temporary wiring in #3 😀

IMG_20200605_173351.jpg

... to be continued 😉

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 5 of 10, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's going to look great in that case once it's all done

Reply 7 of 10, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's alive!!! and raving 😉

If anyone can submit me the right software-code for this tool "mutimedia control center" for 'DEGREE CELSIUS' (U+2103???) it would be great.
many thanks, ildonaldo

LIS2_front.jpg
LIS2_temp.jpg

Reply 8 of 10, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sweet. That looks great in that case!

Reply 9 of 10, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Matches the 2003 case perfectly and it even manages the three fans for this case (dependent of the MoBo-Sensors).

Reply 10 of 10, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

... and please let me know how to set a longer delay than 10 sec. for the differen states in this software!