VOGONS

Common searches

Audiopack revival

Topic actions

Reply 141 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you guys given up on this? Or is someone still working on it?

I added a few and modified others, but in my case anyway, for the moment, I am done. Anyone who would like to work on it is welcome to.

Reply 142 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It occured to me that this was a very easy one to set - the cut scene at the end of 'Tomb of Tihocan'.
It will work for both versions of the game as the single trigger is in a folder both have in common. I have included the mp3, which is missing from the audio pack, and which I have renamed as '27tihocan'.

Attachments

• Filename
    Audio.zip
    File size
    807.64 KiB
    Downloads
    599 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 144 of 301, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

just to let you know, when you come across the big dino in the lost caves and the music kicks in, the music also kicked in (again) when i returned to the area and the dino was already dead on the floor 😖

Reply 145 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

According to the notes made by Slube this is exactly what happens in the Playstation version. I'm not able to verify this though, as my playstation died many moons ago!

Reply 146 of 301, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, there are a lot of places in the original PSX engine where the audio "flags" are activated again, even if you previously cleared a given situation (it happens for example when you reload a saved game). The engine just doesn't expect that some people would like to do some backtrack :)

Reply 149 of 301, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

??? But it's a basic flag -- it's got nothing to do with 3D gaming or chronology of game development. I don't understand your comment 😕 😕

When the music's played once, you set a flag and that is stored in memory and ultimately the save game. Whatever conditions are met that then might trigger the music again (probably stepping on certain tiles?) simply check if the flag is set beofre deciding to play the music or not. I don't see how 3D has anything to do with it?

Reply 150 of 301, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, I know it has nothing to do with 3-D, I was just making reference to how long ago it was. You know, like saying "that was way back in the early days of computers, when we had to start them with a hand crank."

There certainly seems to have been a lot of laziness in the coding of that game, and certainly in the sequels. But the music was really good, which is why I don't mind it playing in both directions.

Reply 151 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There are two cut scenes: one at the beginning of Atlantis where Natla places the Scion, and the other at the end of the level where the girls have a little chat. The audio for these is already in the audio pack - here are the triggers:

Attachments

• Filename
    Audio.zip
    File size
    1.28 KiB
    Downloads
    558 downloads
    File license

Reply 153 of 301, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know how it happened but the current Audiopack is triggering the wrong track when Lara grabs the first piece of the Scion in Tomb of Qualopec. I have fixed this and have attached a replacement 'Locations' file that will correct it

Attachments

• Filename
    Audio.zip
    File size
    383 Bytes
    Downloads
    531 downloads
    File license

Reply 154 of 301, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

does anyone know anything about this?

if i have mp3 sound turned off, everything is fine, apart from the cutscene with lara and the cowboy in the caves, where every sentance gets repeated twice, like a loud echo. i cant hear whats being said.

BUT if i turn MP3 sounds on the title muaic plays through the intro, and theres no sound in the 2 later cutscenes involving natla.

how can i fix this??
cheers.

Reply 155 of 301, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know what causes the repeats very odd.

With MP3 sounds on, you might need VESASupport on too to prevent the music playing through the intro. And the missing sound in the custscenes is because the triggers aren't present in the old Audio pack. JC has just created those triggers though and they are present in v1.4 of the audio pack.

Reply 157 of 301, by hey_jude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm new. I'm an italian guy, so sorry for my English. Any news about the Audiopack? I installed it this morning, you did an awesome job! Unfortunately I see it's not complete yet. 😢 Somebody could tell me the current status of the project? Does it takes a long time until its final status?

Reply 158 of 301, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wasn't involved in the audio pack, but I understand it's very time consuming...

Hey, had a thought -- everyone, is it worth me putting it on the TRX site?