VOGONS

CVS quirk

Topic actions

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I haven't been here in quite some time so many pardons if this has already been addressed 😅

Using ykhwong's latest CVS (nice work btw, very feature rich) on my 1280x1024 screen causes the window to appear slightly outside the top left corner of my monitor. I have to manually right click the task and select "move" and then use the keyboard to force it back down (since the bar is not reachable).

This is only an issue in windowed mode, but I want to test out some of the fancy features and its a tad askew to have to keep moving it everytime I start it back up again. 😮

Any particular reason this would be happening?

PS - it happens when I alt-enter in and back out again.

Reply 2 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, many thanks and apologies for not looking there first. 😀 I'll just be silent until the next update. Either way the menu bar is a very nice addition.

Reply 3 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

the menu bar is a very nice addition.

I'll second that. Ykhwong's is a very nice build. It is also nice to have the Windows 3.1 File Manager only show mounted drives, though it still doesn't seem to show a mounted floppy.

Reply 4 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I lept from 0.65 official to the CVS and it was the first thing to catch my eye 😁 I love how easy it is to switch cores, scalers and cycles on the fly - it makes using dosbox rediculously simple.

Reply 5 of 8, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think that menu bar would be good for convenience, not depending on remembering many, many special keys (ctrl-alt-...,) -> Some applications that use one or more of the same special keys may trigger a collision.
What I am concerned about is that the menu bar patch does not go with other operating systems like linux. I just urged to add it only for windows, so there are still some bugs in it. Some ideas were already discussed in dosbox beta board on vogons. There's a view that using cross platform way like using only sdl or a gui library, the bugs will be likely to be completely fixed. Unfortunately, I am busy preparing for stuyding abroad mainly to improve my english, so haven't touched it that much.

Reply 6 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good luck on your exams Ykhwong. I think you will be doing okay. Your English skill level has improved a lot since you started posting here. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 8 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ykhwong wrote:

Unfortunately, I am busy preparing for stuyding abroad mainly to improve my english, so haven't touched it that much.

Oh no, take your time. Its definately not a rush, and the feature (buggy as it is) is mighty impressive.

Good luck on those exams, and if your posting is any indication your english is actually very good (though I've been told its easier to write perfectly than to speak it) 😎

EDIT - Well that was mighty quick 😁 Good job.